Skip Tooth frame ID help

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, I picked this skip tooth frame up at a swap meet, the bloke had removed the head badge any ideas what make and model it is its an odd upside down triangle maybe with a scroll on top shape quite large badge, also something I have never come across before are the front fork drop outs as they are solid with drilled holes what wheel would I need for this frame?

Cheers T

The frame and fork were produced by Iver Johnson and the badge ghosting backs that up. The serial number looks to read 42xxxx which would mark the frame as being produced in the early 1920’s (Iver serial numbers were sequential.) That date places the bike as pre-balloon so the original wheels would have most likely been 28” or 26” single tubes depending on the frame and fork size, which I can’t read from the photograph.

Thanks RM, I'll get some more photos up soon and measure the forks, I guess Iver Johnson head badges fetch good money ? :? Every bike I bought has the badge missing other than the Sky Ray

Cheers T

Yep, Iver Johnson..I have a half dozen of them and I have found anything
Iver fetches top dollar and also sometimes hard to find so I'll probably just
rat out or sell off what I have after I finnish the one I am keeping. So I may
have the badge for you here in the near future.
Mark

Schwinnspastic said:
Yep, Iver Johnson..I have a half dozen of them and I have found anything
Iver fetches top dollar and also sometimes hard to find so I'll probably just
rat out or sell off what I have after I finnish the one I am keeping. So I may
have the badge for you here in the near future.
Mark

Hi Mark, yeah when I started looking I thought stuff would be hard to come by, I think I will badge it up try and find some wood rims and just custom it to be honest, so yeah keep me posted on the badge if it's reasonable

Back