Sissybar question

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Guys wanted to know if anyone has used this sissybar on a bike for an adult I will be pretty much riding it full time I am about 5 fett 6 inches tall and about 160 pounds will it hold up? if not any idea where other than making one from scratch?

http://www.bicycledesigner.com/defaulth ... r%3D530301

this is the bike I am restoring and modifying that it will be going on. The bike I am planning to turn it into a 3 speeder and changing out the handle bars also wanna add a Dyno hub to the front as well but planning to set it up yes you are reading this right to ride it around the country at one point. Haven't decided on the paint color yet toying with doing it flat black and painting the lugs again not sure what color yet. But I will be keeping y'all up to date on it. I am going to be adding a Wald 535 paperboy basket to the rear and a big basket to the front as well gonna get white walls for the tires. Lemme know what y'all think. The brand of bike is a Winora Sport I got from a friend for nothing a few years ago does anyone know anything much about the brand? thanks for the help.

prerestoration.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol: I weigh 240lbs. (mostly muscle :roll: ). I've have a number of bikes with sissy bars, never had a problem. The only suggestion I have is to make sure the sissy bar is straight, not leaned back, from the seat mount, to where you're going to mount it (axle or drop outs).

The only objection I see is whether or not your basket and seat support will clear each other. It may or may not matter to you, but a tubular or aluminum rack with panniers ("saddle" bags for bicycles) is MUCH lighter than those baskets, they weigh as much as a state of the art track bike, even when they're empty. If you have clearance problems, you can probably put one of those mtb racks that clamp to the seat post under the banana, which will keep it centered.

deorman said:
The only objection I see is whether or not your basket and seat support will clear each other. It may or may not matter to you, but a tubular or aluminum rack with panniers ("saddle" bags for bicycles) is MUCH lighter than those baskets, they weigh as much as a state of the art track bike, even when they're empty. If you have clearance problems, you can probably put one of those mtb racks that clamp to the seat post under the banana, which will keep it centered.

Eh I'm not worried so much bout the weight had a pair on a bike when I was a kid I LOVED the basket rack not gonna have the one that is pictured on the bike though.

Thanks for the help guys figured y'all would know.

Latest posts

Back