silver haze

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
building a bike for my chick, started with an almost scrapped jc penny, a good friend with a bike shop, and some parts that ive collected. Also will be the first project of any kind at my new home, a wharehouse in downtown clearwater.
030cd496.jpg

donar bike
0e629703.jpg

c1e02763.jpg

117c1d26.jpg

a08b627f.jpg

purple walls
8f458a34.jpg

3596cdb5.jpg

took the jc penny journals and cut them down, put the schwinn cups in the freezer and pressed them, came out pretty good
530ee8e7.jpg

5dd84788.jpg

fc165351.jpg

bf7497f0.jpg

Dont know if im going to use the fenders, but we'll see.
aab466a6.jpg

Should have it finished here real soon so she can cruise!

Lookin good Chad.let me know what else you need.I have a mess load of chainguards im sorting through and gonna toss a bunch,there are some cool ones in there.Also I have purple cable housing for the 3 speed,purple pedals and and some other purple stuff around,its all yours-as you can tell purple ain't real popular round these here parts :? .And you still owe me some cash sucker! :p
-kreep-

Kreep ur all paid up sucka and seriously big thanks. I think we need to start exporting stuff to england tho, that's where the real money is! Getting back to work now

Kreep,
If your trying to get rid of old parts pm me. Always looking to save what I can from the junkyards. I am in Tampa.

Gratter, kreeps parts are plentiful, it would be worth the drive if you interested/need anything for a build. I just scored a buncha stuff from his garbage can today, let alone some sweet stuff he helped me out with. Also if you ever come this way well all have to go for a roll.

Outskirt,
The purp walls seem to be holding up fairly well, I had to replace the tube a few times...whoops...and its not perfect looking but sitting on the bike u'd never notice.

Got the crank in tonight and the chainline is off, SOB

The paint is from ace hardware and is called "now" I've never heard or used it before but it was cheap and came out pretty good. The color was "aluminum"

Went over to kreeps today and got the chainline figured out and came home and got the hub linkage working, the bike is fun to ride, I'm a litle heavy for hairpin springs but I think my chic will enjoy it. Painting the chain gaurd and getting the lettering figured out next.

As far as the frame, I have not a clue, there's two sets of stamped serial numbers on top of each other on the dropout, but its a total mix match of generations for sure and the bike was headed for the scrap yard not so long ago.

Latest posts

Back