SideHacked! Epilogue

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: SideHacked! (O Sole Mio)

I am glad that is a homemade table saw.
When I first saw the photo, I was thinking, "That's not a very comfortable looking sidecar seat!!!"

Wow technology overload, make me feel like I need to work harder. But then again I'm retired and tired both. Nice work!!!

The heat of the day has brought shop operations to a close but I got the shell roughed out.

Saw worked out ok.
817.jpg

816.jpg

815.jpg

This has a lot more work ahead of it. I'm going for a roller coaster looking car and I have to add some ribs and a bumper plate to the front yet. I dont know what's going on the dash yet, but I know I have to have some stroller toys in that area.

818.jpg

Ratchet restraint system is in and works as designed.

I still don't quite see the shape in my mind, but I am digging the table saw.

That last pic looks like you are rigging up some sort of child catapult!!!

Peatbog said:
JoKeR63 said:
Well, try to imagine these 2 reproducing. :D

I hope they let the people out first.

Oh, I thouhgt he meant the two people in the front. 8)

kingfish254 said:
Oh, I thouhgt he meant the two people in the front. 8)

Judging by the age disparity, that's illegal in at least 32 states. :lol:

I hope this is easier to interpret. I understand this off-the-wall stuff is hard to imagine how it'll turn out. It's now time to mate it to the deck.

820.jpg

821.jpg

It'll need a few more braces for the windshield.

I get it now. Somehow in my minde I was thinking a clamshell that opened from the front. Now I see it is a clamshell that opens up from the middle back and folds forward. Right?

kingfish254 said:
I get it now. Somehow in my minde I was thinking a clamshell that opened from the front. Now I see it is a clamshell that opens up from the middle back and folds forward. Right?

Not quite, This piece will slide forward 16" to open up the deck. Folding was an idea I abandoned, however. If you go back a few pages and check out the sliding mechanism, imagine the shell attached to it.

The shell has been mounted to the rails. It's slides good enough for the motor to move it. But the rails are a bit overworked, I may have to replace them. The heat is making it impossible to get things done at the rate I'd like, I'm hopin' for a break soon! I had to quit at noon.

Hopefully the shape and operation is clear now.

Shell extended.

824.jpg

822.jpg

Shell retracted

825.jpg

823.jpg

:shock:

what.jpg

motopsyco said:
Any more work on this one? I cant wait to see a vid of the finished product in action.

Shop has been hovering around 100 to 105 F this week. Should be able to pick it up as we will have a cool down.

JoKeR63 said:
motopsyco said:
Any more work on this one? I cant wait to see a vid of the finished product in action.

Shop has been hovering around 100 to 105 F this week. Should be able to pick it up as we will have a cool down.

At least you don't have the added humidity that we have in down South.

Get back out there and turn on a fan and get to building!!!! :mrgreen:

kingfish254 said:
JoKeR63 said:
motopsyco said:

At least you don't have the added humidity that we have in down South.

Get back out there and turn on a fan and get to building!!!! :mrgreen:

Um, our 80 deg. dew point on Sat. would beg to differ, we're all suffering thru this one.

Got some varnish on the wood (sealer), and the baby was here today, so I got to fit her to the car seat. The deck will be covered with black felt. I'm hopin' it's done this week,

yoothgeye said:
So what is the weight on the sidecar up to now? (weight wheenie) :lol:

Right now the sidecar is in about 200 pieces while I get some preliminary finish on. As soon as I get it together I'll weigh it. I'm guessin' 35 lbs with the car seat.

JoKeR63 said:
yoothgeye said:
So what is the weight on the sidecar up to now? (weight wheenie) :lol:

Right now the sidecar is in about 200 pieces while I get some preliminary finish on. As soon as I get it together I'll weigh it. I'm guessin' 35 lbs with the car seat.

Well, good thing you got that light crank. :wink: :lol:

Latest posts

Back