Showin' off the Rust..

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
JCHigginsyellow.jpg
Here's a skiptooth JC Higgins that I snagged on CL for $25!!! Also picked up a 60's Columbia Sterling from the same place for another $25. It was a 2 hour ride, but way worth it!~Adam

adamtinkererscollection005.jpg
39ish CWC, had an 'upside-down' roadmaster style badge, the outline was under the repaint. I scored a Fleet Wing badge on ebay that fits. I stuck the wrong sprocket back on for the pic. It's a skiptooth.

adamtinkererscollection006.jpg
One of my personal faves, a 40ish Monark Rocket! Had a touring seat on it, and I rode it around the old neighborhood a bit. Has a (wrong) triple stepdonw rear rim w/a Morrow brake rhat has barely any grip left! Resto bound.

adamtinkererscollection007.jpg
34ish Rollfast Motorbike. Dig the big "H" sprocket, the D.P. Harris co. built Rollfasts, non-cwc Hawthornes, and some later Firestones.

adamtinkererscollection015.jpg
55ish Murray Mercury middleweight, FREE along with about 15 other bikes I got back in '97, before I really went bike crazy! These were from a guy who takes donated stuff out to west VA. to the hill folk. But he didn't have time to fix anything non working, the hill folk just toss anything broken in the river! I remember he said they'd had even older looking bikes, but they threw them away!

adamtinkererscollection012.jpg
40ish CWC Hawthorne. Bought this, the Iver Johnson, and a Columbus-badged Columbia ladies for $100! Sold the Columbus on ebay.

adamtinkererscollection016.jpg
57 Evans Firebird, will donate it's Sturmey Tricoaster hub to my 56 Schwinn Corvette! But it'll stay a bike, as a 1 speed probably.

adamtinkererscollection2001.jpg
40ish Collegiate/Elgin. Built by Columbia/Westfield for Sears, Colliegiate was a junior brand to Elgins. The tank was an ebay score in matching color!

Back