Show Your Muscle Bikes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bike I built for a friends daughter. The seat, grips and tassels are all matching leather. The “flower” is mounted in the middle of the sissy bar.

Attachments

• IMG_5542.jpeg
    IMG_5542.jpeg
    660.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4022.jpeg
    IMG_4022.jpeg
    201.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0246.jpeg
    IMG_0246.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
The valve knob flowers are a neat trick. Steam punkd'. :cool:
Thanks, I actually made a bunch and sold them at a friend’s flower shop.

Awesome bike! Do you have more?
This is my current WIP, the rest are basket cases.

.... it’s not uploading, but I upload it to my new member thread. I was trying to figure out a way to link it but couldn’t.

IMG_0472.jpeg
Got it here it is.

I showed this bike in the previous post but I had to post again and give props. I'm a devout Schwinn guy always wanted a Stingray as a kid and a Cruiser as a teen. I didn't get either until later in life. This Rollfast was one I wish I did not part with. This Is "OG" or as I called it "Obscene Green the Wheelie Machine" I always had to be careful on this one as my adult weight would lift the front tire off the ground even if you didn't intend too. It was like a funny car, when racing my kids the front end would come up off the ground out off the start for the first few pedals until I got it under control and left them in the dust. I miss this one.
IMG_0897.jpg
IMG_0663.jpg

This is another one I used to own but I moved it down the road. It started out as a lowly 1965 Fleet 20 inch with fenders, small low cruiser handlebars and a Jr. S seat. It is a short frame like the early Stingrays and the later Jr. Stingrays. I had it set up with S-2 two speed blue band rear and a S-7 front , a high loop sissy bar with a deep tufted Stingray seat and first generation Stingray ape hangers with my favorite a set of white chubby grips. It was a fun bike and the slimline tank really set it apart from other shorty Stingrays. Being a shorty it also would lift the front tire and dump you on your ... if you were not paying attention. I kinda miss this one as they do not come along often. I sold just the frame , fork, tank and guard. The other parts are destined for other builds.
IMG_1439.jpg
IMG_1439.jpg

Last edited:
I love Friday, here is some progression shots of a 1976 Stingray frame and fork I had and built it up in a few different ways starting with the chopper. I have had all 3 size Stingrays '63-'65, '66-68, '70+. This latter of these is my preferred style the longest frame and 46 tooth sprocket. I'm a taller adult, as a kid I don't think I would have noticed a difference until I dumped myself backwards onto my ... riding a short frame with a 36 tooth
IMG_1452.jpg
IMG_0160.jpg
IMG_1561.jpg
. This one went to a good home.

I love Friday, here is some progression shots of a 1976 Stingray frame and fork I had and built it up in a few different ways starting with the chopper. I have had all 3 size Stingrays '63-'65, '66-68, '70+. This latter of these is my preferred style the longest frame and 46 tooth sprocket. I'm a taller adult, as a kid I don't think I would have noticed a difference until I dumped myself backwards onto my ... riding a short frame with a 36 toothView attachment 261375View attachment 261376View attachment 261377. This one went to a good home.

Indeed it did!

p5pb24140805.jpg
p5pb24140804.jpg

Thanks Buddy

IMG_0867.jpeg
IMG_0871.jpeg
IMG_0946.jpeg
Here’s a great Buzz Bike I picked up recently. It’s in excellent condition and is all original. Just needs the rear tube replaced. I don’t know too much about these Western Flyer bikes. This one is Huffy built, I think. I can’t tell anything from the serial number, it’s not a Huffy number. Any guesses on year on this one?

View attachment 262014View attachment 262015View attachment 262016Here’s a great Buzz Bike I picked up recently. It’s in excellent condition and is all original. Just needs the rear tube replaced. I don’t know too much about these Western Flyer bikes. This one is Huffy built, I think. I can’t tell anything from the serial number, it’s not a Huffy number. Any guesses on year on this one?
The Sturmey Archer 3 speed will gave a date on it.

IMG_0950.jpeg
IMG_0951.jpeg
IMG_0952.jpeg
It is a 333 hub and I don’t see a date. No date on the badge either. The front hub says Mark 80 made in USA. I got a better pic but I don’t know how helpful it is. Early 70s seems about right.

A little lady muscle this Friday morning. and I do like muscular ladies. Here is a 1969 Fair Lady in blue I dressed up with a banana seat and ape hangers. The second belongs to my daughter, I bought it for her before she could ride. It is a one year only color Burgundy 1972 Fair Lady with factory banana seat and ape hangers. I added the white walls to both as I really like the look especially against the vibrant Schwinn colors. The blue one moved on down the road but the Burgundy one is a permanent member of my stable.
IMG_1753.jpg
IMG_3013.jpg

Latest posts

Back