show your fav wheel tire combo

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was hoping to start a thread for everyone to show their favorite wheels. I have decided to build a 'good' set of wheels that I can keep and change from bike to bike. You get bonus points if you can show me white rim, black spokes, and all white tire. Thanks

personally, i like chrome spokes and hub, black rim, and whitewall tires.
DSCN5511.jpg

i think the reply to this question is very very specific to the bike thats wearing them.
take this match set of 1970's uniroyal slicks i have. (20x2.125 and 20x1.175)
theres some cool butt tires!
IMG_1520_2.jpg

when i got them, i had one set of rims and one bike in mind.
set of 20" double walled alex rims on my fav rapido.
IMG_1145.jpg

i built the bike long before i got the tires. problem is the rear tire is too big, and it don't fit.
IMG_1454.jpg

i thought about making it fit, but i ride this bike all the time. (almost every nice day) i just didn't want to take it outta comission.
figured, heck i'll just build another. time passed on and i never found a cool gusset to start the build around.
i ended up throwing the tires on my fireball.
IMG_4392.jpg

i probably wont even ride the bike, just to keep em new.
keep thinking i'll kristen them on a new black lowrider. somehow there just not nearly as cool on the fireball. :?

been working on a set of rims for my boardtracker, red rims and spokes with chrome hubs and nipples. once I'm done I'll post pics :wink:

PugHammer9a.JPG

Eyeball.jpg

This is my Pugs bike. He rides in the basket over to the state park so he can do his dog things on the ground there (its OK, bears do it).
What caught my eye was the valve caps, they were going around exactly side by side in unison :shock: , it was creeping me out. They look like
the Pugs eyes bulging like they do. I got home and took this picture. Should start a new thread of weird valve caps.

GL

MY favorite........A "CHEAP" whitewall, on a BLACK rim..........Best "BANG" for the buck! (actually $8) :lol:

011b.jpg

Here's my favorite combo, from my current chopper project... red rimmed 68-spoke wheels with fat white wall tires!

IMG_0425.jpg

Here are a couple wheel/tire favs from my collection.
Nirve Bad A@@ whitewalls on Red rims w black spokes
HotRodHornet3.jpg
HotRodHornet4-1.jpg

and...real old weathered and cracked whitewalls on origional paint "55 Higgins wheels
IMG_2055.jpg
IMG_2054.jpg

Back