SHOW US YOUR WORKSMAN BICYCLE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hear ya; looks to me like they're going for the younger/"urban" market. I'm actually pretty stoked about the all-straight tubes; that's a new one for Worksman 2-wheelers.

The stem has me upset because (a) I feel like Worksman and Wald have a nice relationship, and I feel certain that Wald relies on OEM deals like they have (had?) with worksman and (b) b/c that looks like a 1.125" headtube set-up. There are few set-ups that offend me more.

Where'd you find that picture? I'd like to read more about that thing.

Found it on Facebook, along with this ominous message:
Worksman Facebook fans..here is a sneak preview only for your eyes....DETAILS of Major announcement to follow.

Doesn't sound like good news to me.

blackdiamond said:
Bicycle808 said:
I'm offended; that's not even a Wald stem.

What's the deal with THAT?

It is a promax alloy stem, im pretty sure (not positive) that it is still american
From promax's website:
"designed entirely in the United States, by people passionate about cycling."

Nope.

blackdiamond said:
Drat, well haha, on worksmans website they list it as an upgrade lol, ill stick to wald

I'm so thankful that Wald is sill around, fightin the good fight. Good to know there's other Wald enthusiasts out there...

Bicycle808 said:
blackdiamond said:
Drat, well haha, on worksmans website they list it as an upgrade lol, ill stick to wald

I'm so thankful that Wald is sill around, fightin the good fight. Good to know there's other Wald enthusiasts out there...

They make some of the best handlebars and stems out there, and most all the components on my worksman are wald 8)

blackdiamond said:
Bicycle808 said:
blackdiamond said:

They make some of the best handlebars and stems out there, and most all the components on my worksman are wald 8)

YOUR Worksman? Looks like the bars and stem, probably/possibly the BB; the headsets are Wald but they use their own Worksman specific cups (and all the new Wald headsets use YST topnuts, even if you get a complete set from Wald!). Oh, and of course, the rear baskets! I love your bike; the charger paintjob is awesome.

I am really happy with Worksman in general, but I wish they'd use more Wald stuff. I much prefer the Wald balloon fenders to the shorties that Worksman uses, although I am pretty sure that Worksman rolls their own fenders in NYC, so that's laudable. I get it that Wald quit making cranks and pedals, but they could at least put the cheap, stamped, $5 wald sprockets on, instead of the Taiwan sprockets. Also, Wald makes the greatest readily available coaster brake strap on the market; the loosie-goosie one that new INBs ship with needs to go.

I'm in the midst of building up my lgb/truck, and I'm using as much Wald stuff as I can. Headset, stem, bars, baskets front/rear, CB strap, fenders (I tracked mdown a NOS 20" Wald 962 front fender), sprocket, BB, I even got me a vintage Wald crankset with the weird raised center ridge on the crankarms. A shame they only make 1" and 13/16" seatposts (with an available shim for use in a 7/8" frame), or I'd be running one of those, too. Super-stoked to get my frame back from my sign guy, so I can send everything off to be powdered......

blackdiamond said:
Do ya have some wald pedals? i have some old rat traps on mine :D

Ya know, I don't. It's hard to find them in good nick for a nice price. I'm definitely on the lookout for them, though.

Here's a bike we built for a customer, "The Burns Bomber":

30944_511136268911330_1168845711_n.jpg

671_511136165578007_550846766_n.jpg

Back