SHOW US YOUR KLUNKERZ

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are referring to the wheelset on my klunker?
If so they are Copper 3G hoops in 26". They are actually almost 2.5" in width.
Looks awesome!

Luke.

Correct, i turned it into a 29er , I bought the fork on ebay it was a 700c but wouldn't accept any tire over 40c so i had a Pro frame builder extend the fork for me .

Coolness, I was planning to do the same thing with a Worksman after recently realizing a 29er wheel would fit... what size and model are those Kenda's. Also, did you end up spreading the rear drop out to accept a 135mm axle/hub?

Correct, i turned it into a 29er , I bought the fork on ebay it was a 700c but wouldn't accept any tire over 40c so i had a Pro frame builder extend the fork for me .

That's cool. FWIW, the stock unicrown fork that came o all the recent INBs will take a 29" wheel/tire....but it's really a pretty ugly fork. Yours looks awesome

0ef0189504db1a1975b70815cf0c37f5.jpg
c3a503b06d29de52b03d28007d91341d.jpg
d85d1e832f5f55a1e46f6dfcfc8175b6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coolness, I was planning to do the same thing with a Worksman after recently realizing a 29er wheel would fit... what size and model are those Kenda's. Also, did you end up spreading the rear drop out to accept a 135mm axle/hub?

The wheel set are of my SE Racing Quad 29er so no I didn't have to spread frame

Canti or v-brakes . Quad is on back burner for now , I've got Bullseye hubs waiting to get laced to Ryno Lites and still trying to see if I'm going to go with Redlines or Profiles . Not too worried about it for now since my Big Ripper is ready anytime to hit the road
e86832bca62d314d87c44ebb18575462.jpg

that 29er worksman is really cool. i have found the only thing uglier than the unicrown fork, is the drum brake unicrown fork. after having a few of those, i can deal with the standard unicrown fork.

Man, you all have some great bikes!

I picked up this mystery cruiser a couple days ago in a trade. So far I've put some cheap knobby tires on it and it has a Brooks for the time being. The Brooks doesn't fit the look I'm going for though, so I'm going to get something rattier.

I am really digging all the double-clamp gooseneck stems some of you all have, but I'm having a hard time finding one. I'll probably start swapping out the cruiser bar for a bmx riser and I need some new pedals. I'll get some pics in the light later.

IMG_1585.JPG

Here are some
old 425.jpg
2zoah3o.jpg
I've had over the years.
2zso5g3.jpg
53copperSchwinn_zps393ca9bd.jpg
o06ijd.jpg
Someone mentioned making a Klunker out of an old Varsity. That yellow 71 Varsity with the yellow band 2 speed S-7 did great in the woods. Guys on mountain bikes were amazed as I went over logs, stumps, and large roots on a hilly wooded path (switchback) at Hannah Park in Jacksonville. My feet never touched the ground the whole way. I surprised myself too.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back