Show us them cars!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[quote="oddified]...my cruiser( currently on short-term loan to my ex-father-in-law...he has better storage :roll: )
DSCN0074.jpg
[/quote]

Love that Cat! I had a similar 65 Bonneville in 95-6. Great car, but fond of teh gas! And it would only run decent on mid grade or higher gas. Miss it though! -Adam

This is my daily, bagged and body dropped (channeled for the old school guys) 2005 Colorado ZQ8. Fully shaved with caddy wheels and tail lights:

M1270005.jpg

IMG-20110819-00022.jpg

IMG-20110810-00004-1.jpg

And here's my project (still in the very early stages). 1968 fleetside C10. Plans are bagged and body dropped on a custom chassis, blown BBC, and 15x18 rear tires:

C10projectblack.jpg

M1030002.jpg

Frame4.png

Frame5.png

Nameplate.jpg

68RESTO006.jpg

And here is my other toy, which unfortunately I let the wife talk me into selling a few years ago. 1974 CB750 Rat-Chop:

06-22-07_1901.jpg

07-22-07_1738.jpg

07-22-07_1739.jpg

Pinstripes5.jpg

Indychus said:
This is my daily, bagged and body dropped (channeled for the old school guys)

Body drops and channeled are different. When you channel a vehicle you actually cut a section out of the middle, then weld it back together making the body shorter, this isn't the same as a body drop is it because the body on your truck looks stock height.

Indychus said:

Nice truck projects there but one thing I'd do is to enclose this hoop on the bottom as well to incorporate a drive shaft safety loop into the frame. :wink:

yoothgeye said:
Indychus said:

Body drops and channeled are different. When you channel a vehicle you actually cut a section out of the middle, then weld it back together making the body shorter, this isn't the same as a body drop is it because the body on your truck looks stock height.

Channeling is dropping the body of the car(or truck in this case.) Sectioning is when you take out a section of the body to make it shorter.
-Kreep-

Kreep said:
Channeling is dropping the body of the car(or truck in this case.) Sectioning is when you take out a section of the body to make it shorter.
-Kreep-

Thank you, I mixed up my terminology.

outskirtscustoms said:
Indychus said:

Nice truck projects there but one thing I'd do is to enclose this hoop on the bottom as well to incorporate a drive shaft safety loop into the frame. :wink:

Great idea "outskirtscustome" A buddy of mine had his driveshaft come apart @ the strip & broke it in 3 pieces, one of which came up through the floorboard. He just had the bottom half of the loop on it. It now has a full loop & a patch on the floorboard along with the new driveshaft. Definately a must do! :!:

yoothgeye said:
Indychus said:

Incorrect. A body drop can be performed 2 ways, either a traditional, which raises the entire floor of the cab, or a stock-frame which leaves the floor intact by using a low-profile frame from the firewall back and only requires modifications to the transmission tunnel. Mine is a combination of both.

Channeling is exactly the same thing as a traditional body drop, except instead of raising the entire floor, portions of the floor are cut out and then channels are built to allow the body to sit lower on the frame.

You're referring to sectioning, which involves cutting an entire body in half horizontally, usually at a body line, then removing several inches and welding the body back together.

outskirtscustoms said:

I plan to close it in via a piece of 3/8" plate bolted to the bottom of the loop so that it is removable if needed. My uncle lost half of his right foot when the clutch let go in his Nova drag car, so I"m not taking any chances when it comes to driveline failure. I don't plan on racing the truck, but I'm building it to NHRA specs just in case. It will be legal to run as quick as a 10.00, although I doubt it will be that fast.

pick said:
Great idea "outskirtscustome" A buddy of mine had his driveshaft come apart @ the strip & broke it in 3 pieces, one of which came up through the floorboard. He just had the bottom half of the loop on it. It now has a full loop & a patch on the floorboard along with the new driveshaft. Definately a must do! :!:

Yeah I've done a little racin' too. Never broke a shaft yet but I've had my share of other catastrophic malfunctions...Shot a piston through the oil pan once, which I ran over and blew a tire spinning the car and nearly hitting the wall (I got lucky), broke a ring gear in the rear end, and blew a tranny in a tractor pull once. Also flipped my old Toyota a few times on the trails. Just thought it would help. A little prevention can go a long way Especially in racin'.

Bought this over the summer, '86 GMC Suburban! I need to fix the reverse switch for the lights before I can get it inspected. :roll: That's fairly low on the chore chart though! -Adam
005.jpg

Rustinkerer said:
Bought this over the summer, '86 GMC Suburban! I need to fix the reverse switch for the lights before I can get it inspected. :roll: That's fairly low on the chore chart though! -Adam

I don't know where you're trying to get inspected in NC, but my inspectors don't check reverse lights. They *should* be working, but don't have to be to pass. I'd say find another inspection station.

That's why I love Indiana, No inspection at all! Believe me I've driven some vehicles that would make your inspectors have nightmares.

For example:

P4210001.jpg

Yes I drove it like that. :oops: Seems like around here the worse they look the better they run. Only thing bad about that car was I'd have to shift from reverse to drive about 5 times to get it to move then it was fine and would lay rubber. just when i let it sit. Never did get it figured out.

Rustinkerer said:
005.jpg
im guessing it has a salvaged title? thats the only time an inspection station comes into play here in CA.

Back