Show us them cars!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jonvo4591 said:
Wow. Everything about that jeep is RIGHT ON!!

Most people won't pick up on how non-stock it is. They just assume it's been lifted and had tires thrown on it.

I can count five pieces that are stock. The hood, grille, windshield frame, tailgate, and fuel tank. Everything else has been replaced, cut, and modified.

Body: 10 inch tub and frame stretch (same wheelbase as an Unlimited but without the additional rear overhang), modified Poison Spyder cage, Poison Spyder tube fenders, Warn bumpers and winch, some steel body armor and rock rails, Corbeau seats, Autometer gauges. Just enough body lift to clear the V8 - the hood touches the engine.

Axles: Tera60s with ARBs and 4.56 gears. Front has 35 spline chromoly shafts, and Warn hubs. Rear has custom axle shafts from Moser.

Suspension: Started as a 5.5 inch Rubicon Express long arm kit. Triangulated 4-link rear from EOR, front has radius arm setup. Old Man Emu shocks. Currie Anti-Rock up front, stock sway in rear.

Engine: 2001 5.3L V8 (GMC)

Transmission: TH350

Transfer Case: Flipped Dana 300 (driver side drop) with twin sticks and 4:1 low range

Wheels/Tires: ProComp Streetlocks with 37x12.50x16 Swamper SSRs

A picture from when I was making the dash
13331_1059998237479_1751610005_115612_6743157_n.jpg

Gauges to monitor air pressure to the front and rear lockers were installed where the heater controls used to be. In the middle is the only control I salvaged from the heat/AC controls. The fan speed switch. Everything else was set to max heat and defroster then what wasn't needed was removed. The remainder was tucked inside the dash.
4042024704_a3a07834db_b.jpg

My 92 S10 I bought this spring. This is the way I got it. 4cyl, 5spd, mint interior, sound system, very straight rust fee body.
17 x 8" Eagle wheels, 245 and 255 45 17 tires, no wear on them but there is a lot of cracking inbetween the treads. Yesterday I bought new rubber.

Cars033.jpg

I dropped it 5" front and 6" rear. I brought it back up in the rear, 3" drop. The rear was too soft, hitting the frame rails.

Cars038.jpg

Cars039.jpg

Cars040.jpg

Cars041.jpg

Cars042.jpg

Cars043.jpg

Cars044.jpg

Cars045.jpg

Cars046.jpg

Cars050.jpg

Cars051.jpg

This is what it looks like before the new tires.
Cars.jpg

Single exhaust to the split, about a foot away from the chrome tips. The truck is about the cleanest first generation S10 around. A friend of mine picked up a super clean 92 with black body and 400 sbc, straightest truck I've seen.

I had an old Chevy 4x4 mud buggy like that but my floors were gone. I mean everything from the rocker to the center tunnel was not there.....Think Fred Flintstone style. Eventually I re-did the floors with some roadsigns I got at the local scrapyard. Speed limit signs make great floorboards..... :mrgreen:

outskirtscustoms said:
I had an old Chevy 4x4 mud buggy like that but my floors were gone. I mean everything from the rocker to the center tunnel was not there.....Think Fred Flintstone style. Eventually I re-did the floors with some roadsigns I got at the local scrapyard. Speed limit signs make great floorboards..... :mrgreen:
LOL, I've seen plenty like that over the years! The only rust through on this is the cab corners! Even the reinforced plate, with the 3 bolts on the inner fenders is good! -Adam

Rustinkerer said:
outskirtscustoms said:
LOL, I've seen plenty like that over the years! The only rust through on this is the cab corners! Even the reinforced plate, with the 3 bolts on the inner fenders is good! -Adam

Yeah my old truck was originally used by the guy to plow snow and spread salt so the body was gone.
Engine was freshly re-built so I figured it was worth the $150 just for the frame and drivetrain.
Ended up trading it even up for a Camaro project.

Finally got some paint on the old bug. I dig it, thought some of you would too. 8)

beetle1.jpg

beetle2.jpg

Diabolical_Dork said:
Finally got some paint on the old bug. I dig it, thought some of you would too. 8)

beetle1.jpg

beetle2.jpg
sweet i like your hubcaps and i think it needs a foglight a red backed one and what year is she and what you got under the decklid?

Diabolical_Dork said:

beetle1.jpg

beetle2.jpg

quote: "I dig it, thought some of you would too."

fer shure fer shure!
How subtle can you get?? That bug is different! And I don't know why... Is it the red headlightbuckets? Is it the red lisenceplate? Is it the subtle drop? (...or maybe the lack of it???)
Or all of the above..?

I want it...
8)

Diabolical_Dork said:

beetle1.jpg

beetle2.jpg

Beautiful bug, not a split window but still very cool. What's it packin' under the hood?

Its got a 1600 SP for power right now but that is alright for now. few minor motor upgrades at this time.
stock height rear end. lowered king and link via adjusters on the front.
tires165rear/145front.
Its got chrome foglights off of a honda shadow i built into the front bumper.
still need to install 3rd brakelight in rear window.

Hubcaps are repop Porsche with moon equipment bullets added to match the dashboard and trunk(front) for you non vw guys :)
I have spent a long time collecting pieces for this car and driving it daily for the last 7 years.
It will never be "done" but that is what I love about it.

TheFlyingDingo said:
IMG_2094.jpg

Just took a TON of photos...This is one i edited.
Hey Range road. Can you get in to that place anymore? I use to go out there all the time and ride the dirtbikes and quads. I thought it was closed and fenced off.

Back