Show us them cars!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kaiserkraut said:
I really like the shape of 2-doors, its not that family-car-like.
I assume you got a 4-door, maybe even a suburban?

Yeah it's the four door on page 33. It is definitley more family car like.

Kaiserkraut said:
My 57 Plymouth Belvedere while beeing ice-blasted and some ideas what to do with it..still sittin.
Plymouthstrahlen016.jpg

Plymouthstrahlen017.jpg

plymouthkitbearb1.jpg

005.jpg

That's the kind of car I want to get..'57-58 Fury, Belvederere, Savoy, etc. 2 door....Or a wagon.

Wow, how did I miss this thread all this time?
Well, I'm a died-in-the-wool Ford guy as you're about to see, but lately I've been getting a jones for a '68 Firebird 400, or maybe a '69-'70 GTO, so who knows...
Here's the most recent crowd:

'66 Mustang Coupe:
side.jpg

'70 Grabber '302 - (The Beast):
DSC03177.jpg

'73 Mach I - 351 (Cleveland) Cobra Jet:
2007Sept154.jpg

'66 T-Bird Townie (3-window) - 428, my luxo-cruiser:
036-2.jpg

(and the more formal look:)
221.jpg

Most people think that's a "trim" package, and have no clue how superior it is to a standard fare Ford. That, and your 'bird, are on a very short list of post-50's non-Lincoln Fords I wish I could have owned. 8)

And it's unfortunate the "Big 'Stangs" get such a bad rap - they're so superior in ride quality and handling straight out of the box over the earlier years it's unbelievable. Add the Mach package with its staggered shocks, upgraded suspension and sway bars, and there's just no comparison.
I'd like to get a big block '71 one of these days... 8)

Here's a couple more views for those interested:
This one says it all:
July2007021.jpg

Where it all happens:
DSC03088.jpg

Running 17" custom made wheels with knock-offs:
July2007017.jpg

Clothespin n said:
well....let's see what everyone is rollin as far as Automobiles....

This is my Wagon.It's a 1960 Ford Ranch Wagon....

PinStriping0002.jpg

PinStriping0004.jpg

Bellflowers20002.jpg

and my UGLY TRUCK..that fits all the kids bikes as well as mine..
it's a 1960 International b-100 Panel Truck..as ugly as a mud fence but frigin sweet to drive..

0017.jpg

0014.jpg

I'd love to see what everyone else is strapping there bikes to...

Kev.
Reverent "bump" of the ancient origional posting. :|
:mrgreen:

This is my 2006 300C Heritage Edition. Since this picture I've tinted the windows. The warranty is finally run out so I've put an exhaust system on it and I'm going to put a K&N Intake on it after the holidays (and I get some cash) Then I want to reprogram the computer I know I can get over 425 hp without too much work.

car2.jpg

DSCN0647.jpg

Not sure if I've posted it yet, but I just took some more photos today. '65 Ford F-100, bought new by my great grandpa and handed down to me. Runs great,all stock, no rust, keeping it forever.

Backwards Bob said:
This is my 2006 300C Heritage Edition. Since this picture I've tinted the windows. The warranty is finally run out so I've put an exhaust system on it and I'm going to put a K&N Intake on it after the holidays (and I get some cash) Then I want to reprogram the computer I know I can get over 425 hp without too much work.

car2.jpg

Gaining almost another 100 hp with just an exhaust, intake and a chip, is highly unrealistic. At best, all an intake+exhaust will get you is 20 or so hp, plus the noise, and the chip, might make it run a bit better on higher octane fuel, and it'll raise the shift points to make the car feel racier, but beyond that, not much. Only way you're going to get the kind of power you're looking for is by forced induction (supercharger).

I know there are differing opinions on this, but I've always looked at filters, cat-back exhausts and chips as automotive equivelants of 19th century snake oils. The old adge, "Speed costs money; How fast can you afford to go?" still holds true.

Latest posts

Back