Show us them cars!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hewey said:
My daily driver - '72 bug.

And my '70 Ford wagon - currently off the road getting a new engine and disc brake conversion for the front end. Will be getting a resto-cal-esque/surf wagon look - old woodslat roofrack, surf stickers in the rear windows, some subtle pinstriping, tiki shifter, and surf style door trims. Just a sweet cruiser 8)
[
WagonFront.jpg

I had to go back and look at your INTRO, because that version wasn't sold in the States....G'Day mate

LOVE THAT 40 CHEVY BRO! Congrats on getting her roadworthy this year, If u havent had it on the road yet idk ? And props 2 u for holding interest in a project for that long.

ricksterr1221 said:
LOVE THAT 40 CHEVY BRO! Congrats on getting her roadworthy this year, If u havent had it on the road yet idk ? And props 2 u for holding interest in a project for that long.

Yes I started it about a month ago for the 1st time since 1989, I drove it as an untouched original for 2 years before tearing it apart to originally restore it back to original, I got carried away, got married, had 3 kids, but never put it away, always was available to tinker on it till about 4 years ago when I bought a lift and made my life so much easier. I am waiting for wheels and tires to take it's maiden voyage. Rick

Awesome man! Cool story :) Dads got a 36' Chevy Sedan in the garage, We've had it since i was like 5? Im 17 now. I get it for graduation (2moreyears! :mrgreen: ) It needs restored. Take pics of that thing when u drive it. Congrats again bro :D

my triumph chop. doing a bit of work to it.

( will be getting another vw air cooled this coming fall - hit a bad spot had to sell my buggys, but managed to hang onto my chop)

DSCF1417.jpg

KZ1000 said:
ricksterr1221 said:

Yes I started it about a month ago for the 1st time since 1989, I drove it as an untouched original for 2 years before tearing it apart to originally restore it back to original, I got carried away, got married, had 3 kids, but never put it away, always was available to tinker on it till about 4 years ago when I bought a lift and made my life so much easier. I am waiting for wheels and tires to take it's maiden voyage. Rick
I was at my sons Grampa's checking this site after we just got done looking at his 40, his has been in the family for at least 40 years it was painted about the same color burnt orange thats on your firewall his has a 327 turbo 350 tilt front end (hydraulic) power windows,tilt, power seats it needs to be repainted and the upholstry finished and to replace the old tru spoke wheels. He says my son will get it one day (lucky kid)

Lucky kid is right, The color I have is Chryslers Tangerine Pearl, when I picked the color about 4 years ago I was the only one, It's taken so long to get this on the road, now it is the most popular color. when I go to cruise nites and shows, I see that color all around me

SWEET Dunebuggy! Uncle john used to have one.

LOVE THE BOXROD BRO, What kinda engine you runnin' in that beast?

DSC_0008Medium-1.jpg

lowerMedium.jpg

1948 buick roadmaster!

had this car for about a year now, i got it along with the 58 buick at the same time..

IMG_0044Medium.jpg

IMG_0038Medium.jpg

1958 buick limited, all options including a/c and air ride. it lives at my uncles shop.

DSC_0034Medium-1.jpg

my girl - i drive this the most, aside from my daily - ive had it for 5 years

DSC_0037Medium.jpg

my girlfriends 1956 dodge

dsc0059large2gr.jpg

my 1960 buick i sold about 2 years ago, i still miss this one

l_fc9078e7424c5d8eee520e667205978c.jpg

my 50 buick super. i miss this car every day, it was used in indiana jones 4 and it was wrecked. they gave me great money, but i will always have this car in my heart.

my daily driver:
DSC_0054Medium.jpg

95 roadmaster wagon, lower'd 4 inches. custom 1958 buick hood ornament.

lowerMedium.jpg

LOVE this 8) My mate has one, currently getting a one foot extension to the ... just to make it longer and sleeker. The other Buicks are sweet too.

CCR said:
that is AWESOME !!! :lol:

but why no flames ?!?!?

It was a budget build done to a timeframe. I couldnt afford to consider such luxuries :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

My old 1959 190D Cedes I sold a year ago. A tree ended up falling on it, so I sold it to a guy in Denver who is currently having it professionally restored. I guess that tree was the best thing that has happened to the car!

100_1455.jpg

Current ride behind the Hawthorne. It will carry allot of bikes, just not very fast.

joeshawthorne.jpg

A guy had this at a car show recently.

vette.jpg

I think we can all relate to this guy! 383 ci small block with un-capped headers sticking out the top. Ear plugs optional. Thanks!!!

well i dunno how many of you guys no what "murdered out" is
but here is one we did in my garage in about 4 hours
the idead is to mask off lights and windows and flat black the rest
1-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

3-2.jpg

but beware it might getcha
4-2.jpg

we got pulled over in it once for "loud exhaust"
my brother told the officer it fell off
wich it did after him and his buddies cut it off
we got away with a verbal warning

Couln't find 'Show us your Motorcycles'. Don't own a car, don't have a lisence to drive a car.
Here is my motorcycle. She's been with me for twenty years now.

EsraADM.jpg

1972 BMW R75/5, for all the patina lovers in this community.

Re:

thehazmatguy said:
Multipass... you seem like a guy I could have a beer or two with.

Here's a picture of my bike:

BikeNow.jpg

I just saw the dyno sheet for that thing someplace around here.
102 hp. with a hair over 80 ft/lbs if I remember right.
I also added 954RR brakes and USD forks,
Canadian Firestorm bodywork (a rarity here in Arizona for sure)
and a bunch of other stuff. I almost opted for the VFR,
it sure would be more comfortable.

PICT1774.jpg

And a crowd pleasing picture:

DSC00606.jpg

I sold my Cougar this summer:
Sold.jpg

To buy a 55 chevy.... but I was "encouraged" to pay off my student loans early. My last payment is in a week! YAHOO!!!! (but there are days I wish I had opted for the 55)
b6_1.jpg

It's been a long time since I posted! Here's why-

I finally got a 55 chevy:

PICT5560.jpg

The orginal inline 6 and powerglide (with 62,000ish miles) had to go, it's being replaced with a modified ZZ4 and Tremec 5 speed:

DSC01535.jpg

PICT5658.jpg

I ended up getting some paint matched for the car (to paint the wheels) and I have tons of it left over. My current plan for my Worksman cruiser is to use the left over paint from the 55 to make the bicycle match the car. The red/maroon with ivory stripes, I might even get ambitious and do a faux gas tank out of fiberglass too.

C.S. said:
Couln't find 'Show us your Motorcycles'. Don't own a car, don't have a lisence to drive a car.
Here is my motorcycle. She's been with me for twenty years now.

EsraADM.jpg

1972 BMW R75/5, for all the patina lovers in this community.
My dad bought one brand new in 72 except he had the saddle bags and the fairing and after he hit oil commuting down the freeway and shaving down a cyl head he put crash bars on it. I have alot of fond memories riding on the back including a trip to Oregon, nothing like a shaft drive under exelleration.

Back