Show off your non-bike related photography

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

i just got a new toy and figured i would start off a topic of non-bike related photos shot by us.

CSC_0029.jpg

DSC_003914.jpg

DSC_0154102.jpg

three i liked! i have taken 150+ pics to figure out things. not first slr just first digital slr

would like to share tips,tricks and photos of things we may never see in person.

more to come...........

The key to getting good pics is...take lots and lots of pics. A few are bound to come out good! Gary
DSC04264.jpg

DSC03959.jpg

DSC04040.jpg

DSC04076.jpg

:D WOW! Neat idea for a thread! Love your 3rd pic of the bare trees espesh, but they are all great, Upper Class White Trash,
Gary, your pics are also beautifull! but i think the one with the hay bales and all the wild flowers in the fore ground looks amazing!!

Look forward to more pics Upper Class White Trash,and others!

B607 said:
The key to getting good pics is...take lots and lots of pics. A few are bound to come out good! Gary

DSC03959.jpg

i like this one.

*first tip i can give to the new fellas to digitals is make sure your camera is saving to a file that your computer can read if you don't use the setup disc :oops: took a 100 plus today but HA HA i was messing with stuff and well.....nothing important so just deleted them to save time messing with converting them.

live and learn right! better to find out now rather later

Boris said:
:D WOW! Neat idea for a thread! Love your 3rd pic of the bare trees espesh, but they are all great, Upper Class White Trash,
Gary, your pics are also beautifull! but i think the one with the hay bales and all the wild flowers in the fore ground looks amazing!!

the idea came from me looking for suggestions on cameras and found a old post by Rat Rod of (without looking shot in the dark) raised by robots doing some cool night photos!?!?

this way we can share in one place and i also hope to see some cool photos.

Boris said:

Thanks Boris. The flowers are growing on my place. (or will be again in a couple of months!) We have 6 acres and I've restored around 2 acres to native prairie grasses and flowers. The flowers finish up in late summer and the Indian grass and Big Blue Stem grass come on and grow to 6' or 7' tall and very dense. The new prairie attracts a good bit of wildlife as well. Gary

first i'll show off some of my daughters work from photo class.....

her teacher gave this one a very dramatic title, but i think it embarrasses her :oops:

digital11782.jpg

photoshopped pic from track practice

flower20252.jpg

some informal portraits of our musician buddy tim hill

t9.jpg

t19.jpg

t182.jpg

t5.jpg

tim1033.jpg

photographer and subject :D

t2.jpg

my photography is a source of amusement in our family since it usually contains A- a jeep, B- a jeep, or sometimes C- a jeep...... :?

DSC00512.jpg

DSC00292.jpg

DSC00290-1.jpg

you get the idea....... :roll:

i have attempted to broaden my photographic horizons by also including 'things seen from a jeep' :D

DSC00194.jpg

DSC00174.jpg

DSC00260.jpg

DSC00292.jpg

DSC00071.jpg

once in a very great while i will photograph things unrelated to a jeep......

including wildlife....

DSC00156.jpg

not so wild life....

DSC00927.jpg

and really wild life

DSC00180.jpg

but it's a hard habit to break, i think i still need a little counseling............... :?

DSC00318.jpg

DSC00309.jpg

DSC00197.jpg

This one has won a couple of contests for me. Infrared taken at Taos Pueblo, Taos, NM.

large.jpg

San Francisco tourists.

original.jpg

Pit Action at Texas Motor Speedway

42589128.jpg

Ready for take-off.

86094234.jpg

I do a lot of photography. Enjoying seeing your images!

jerrykr said:
This one has won a couple of contests for me. Infrared taken at Taos Pueblo, Taos, NM.

large.jpg

I do a lot of photography. Enjoying seeing your images!

awesome gave me goose bumps!

Thats cool :lol: I should start doing that with mine 8)
xddorox said:
I collect/restore/customize 1/64 scale cars like Hotwheels and the likes. I also love doing the photography.

BugFinal.jpg

IMG_2240.jpg

IMG_0097-1.jpg

IMG_0067-1.jpg

IMG_0057.jpg

IMG_0319-1.jpg

IMG_0898.jpg

Stang2.jpg

IMG_1070.jpg

IMG_1073.jpg

IMG_1151.jpg

IMG_1340.jpg

Bendix said:
first i'll show off some of my daughters work from photo class.....

her teacher gave this one a very dramatic title, but i think it embarrasses her :oops:

digital11782.jpg

pm me the title i wanna giggle

i have attempted to broaden my photographic horizons by also including 'things seen from a jeep' :D

DSC00260.jpg

i keep comming back to this one. i like it!

jerrykr said:

large.jpg

This photo is amazing! Could you explain infrared photography please? Is there a special camera, film, lens???

Infrared Photography is one of my passions. I have one of the better known web sites about it, and if you follow the "Infrared for Beginners" links, I explain a whole lot of how Infrared can be captured with digital cameras.

http://www.irbuzz.blogspot.com

I really didn't mean to get on here and promote my web site and IR, but that photo is one of my best, and you asked.

Basically, all digital camera sensors can record light in both the visual wave length spectrum that humans can see, and they are also capable of recording above the red color into the wave lengths that humans can't see.

Also, all digital cameras have inside of them a filter over the sensor to block light wave lengths in the Infrared spectrum, because these spectrum of light screw up the color results of the cameras.

IR photography is basically about getting around the internal filter, by either having it removed and replaced, or by adding filters to the camera that block the human visible color wave lenghts and allowing only the higher IR light to reach the camera's sensor.

Hope this helps explain, questions, PM me and I'm glad to help out.

The photograph of the crosses was a lucky shot for me. Got a decent angle, and the clouds and the sky were also "right" for IR.

Back