Show off your Best Finds of 2012

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Well the year's almost over and with a new year coming up and new hopes for better finds post your favorite pick of 2012.

Here's mine:
8188973797_17abab988b_z.jpg

I picked up an old ratty Columbia tanker and a JC Higgins that I'm planning on building into a boardtracker.

DSCN2089.jpg

DSCN2086.jpg

DSCN2098.jpg

DSCN2096.jpg

DSCN2093.jpg

For me, I had two this year. First this (frame came from udallcustombikes):

pocorata003.jpg

Which became this:

rrbo7finished002.jpg

Then this one I got from Marty "10~18 Kustoms" that I got for my wife! She loves it & it rides like a Cadillac!

081212001.jpg

A few days ago was the one year anniversary of buying my first vintage bike. A 1964 Huffy built Firestone 500. In the past year, I have bought and sold so many bikes, I can't remember them all! Some of my favorites....

63 Schwinn American that won Best Middleweight in the Indy show

amer1.jpg

Not a bike, but this tank set is pretty cool!

flyer1.jpg

My '51 Higgins that started with this....

higgins1.jpg

and ended up like this...

hhhiggins20.jpg

I also really like this pair of 40/41 Huffman Airflytes. The boys needs a restoration

huffman1.jpg

40huffman.jpg

and I swear I think this late 20s Elgin moto is my favorite find of the year. It may not look like much just yet, but it is going to just oooze coolness when it is done.

elgin_1.jpg

How do you guys get so lucky in a year. (Or where do you get your money from...lol) NPENCE... that is freakin amazing 8)

My current project. Picked it up in November. This one is going to be waaaayyy ratty!
AMF with the BIG drop-outs

decrats009.jpg

Latest posts

Back