Shipping woes. They ruined a 20s Elgin!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Boardtrack fan said:
What makes me so mad is that I have had things ruined by all three of the big carriers and when you complain they have such a "i don't care" attitude. :x "Thats what insurance is for" I was told by UPS!

I HATE having to pay shipping insurance. It's like telling me that I need to pay them more money just so they will do there job right!

41DX said:
As a Manager for a major air carrier. "I care"

To bad you're the one and ONLY!

Wow, what a shame. Whats weird is how the frame is bent outwards, usually they get squished together. Shippers never cease to amaze and horrify me. I hope you get that frame straightened out. Not sure it would help in this case but bolting a block of wood or using an old axle between the fork legs and the dropouts adds a bit of strength for shipping. Getting somebody to do that for you is another trick entirely.

I always try to ship priority mail in two boxes if I have to to limit time in transit.

I shippid a mountain bike one and it was severly damaged. It took months to settle. The buyer sent the box back to me, and it had tire tracks on it like from a truck.

Good luck. Straightening your frame.

my condonenses for you. i say how they treated your elgin, with blatent complaicency, and actually threw up a little in my mouth, but it can be saved. like allready mentioned, it may take awhile but it is doable. good luck.

Back