Shelby Flying Cloud

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know how to find out when these were made? I know that it was made in Cleveland. Thats about it. Its in really good( not great) condition, and is complete. Even the tires still hold air. Mother-in -law might be interested in selling it in the future. Its a 24 incher, basket, original headlight & tank. Too small for my fat rearend!! CRAP!! I'll post some pic's when able.

It could be anywhere from the late 30's to the late 40's depending on what it looks like. I think one model was called a Flying Cloud, but at ;east one of the other "Airflow" models had a Flying Cloud badge. Hard to say without more info or some pics.

I just picked up a ladies Shelby Flying Cloud as well. I don't know anything about it but it was very inexpensive and can be a future project. If anyone has any info on this one that would be great! I sure would appreciate it. :)

flying_cloud1.jpg

Your bike looks prewar, late 30's. The fender hardware, the straight-ish down tube and the thee cross bars off the downtube are kind of signs of it's age. I could be wrong, but that's what I would say. I have a late 30's boys eagle. Similar stuff.
Eagle.jpg

Back