shaft driven elgin robin prototype

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is Jesse's (or was I guess now) bike... I have been talking with him a bit via email on some blacksmithing stuff and ask what he thought the bike was worth while it was listed... He didnt reply..

Anyway I figured his ebay name would be a good clue as to the owner, who else could call him self the pope of welding?

I'll shoot him an email and ask him if he is happy with the $30 grand...

This is the email I got back from Jesse

Larry,
Last one that came up at auction sold for $35K. It was original paint. So the price was right in there.

On Jul 8, 2010, at 9:37 AM, "Larry Langdon"

So I gotta ask, You happy with the 30K for the elgin? Did you expect it to land that kind of dough? Im a bike guy and I expected it to fetch some pretty big money… But that’s three times what I was thinking… Course its also ten times more than I have ever spent on a bike…

Larry

Monster Metal…

Last edited:
Even if I won the lottery, and had stupid money, I still couldn't spend more than $5K, and that'd have to be for an Elgin Bluebird! The most I've paid so far for a bike is $390 for the Felt Red Baron!! :mrgreen: -Adam

well if you ever visit the bicycle musuem of america in New Bremen Ohio you will see the bike there Im glad I only live 20 min away from the place to check this thing out first hand. :D :D :D :D :D :D

There's only one of one of these, what's it worth? :mrgreen:

IMG_0621-1.jpg

I wouldn't mind having the kind of money that it takes to spend $30k on a bike. I just can't fathom paying more for a bike than I did for my first new truck. I guess it's "he who dies with the coolest toys wins"

Back