See ya in the funny papers

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is an example of what happens when a blown knee and cabin fever are involved. Mid 70's Varsity given the full treatment.
var003.jpg

var2009.jpg

var2001.jpg

I saw that title and it reminded me of my grandfather. His favorite way of saying goodbye was......"see ya in the funny paper" :mrgreen:

That looks very cool...hope the knee is better!

Nice...thats funny and with lots of color, I like it.
Kind of like my "Beer Bike" covered in beer bottle labels , but yours is much faster.
On the Beer Bike I used a product called Modge Podge found at any hobby/craft store.

dangratsdan said:
Nice...thats funny and with lots of color, I like it.
Kind of like my "Beer Bike" covered in beer bottle labels , but yours is much faster.
On the Beer Bike I used a product called Modge Podge found at any hobby/craft store.
Is that product waterproof and did you clearcoat ?

GL

Graylock said:
Is that product waterproof and did you clearcoat ?
On the Beer Bike I just used the Modge Podge without any kind of clear. About 3 months after I finished the bike, it did get wet at the MW bike fest when a ten minute rain passed thru, and the modge podge finish turned milky and a little soft. But, when the sun came back out and dried the finish it was clear and hard. Then on a Coasters Thursday night pub ride the next spring, we got caught in a torrential downpour and the bike ( and ourselves) was wet for a few hours, including riding in axel deep water( great fun, really), and the finish stayed clear and hard.
But the product label does say it is sandable and can be clear coated.

Back