Seat Posts

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
+1 @slowriderz 's posts are very nice, but they ARE solid steel bar, so they're very heavy. If that doesn't bother you, buy them with confidence. Most folks who want a 13/16" layback post don't even think about grams....

But, if you're concerned about weight, buying the Genuine Bicycle Products post makes sense-- it's strong 4130 stuff, and it's made from a tube rather than solid round bar, so it's way lighter... I never tried the seatpost, but i've purchased other GBP products, and i've been very happy with them. FWIW, RRB member @rev106 is half of the GBP team; he produces that stuff with a business partner, and he's a very active rider as far as the bike community/culture goes. The ppl out in the Valley are lucky to have him organizing all these cool events. https://www.flickr.com/photos/17534977@N00/ Coaster Brake Challenge is an incredibly good idea....

In either case, you're getting a quality product, made in the USA by real ppl who love bikes.

Last edited:
If you are going to enter the klunker build off - visiting this site is a must.. Wow!
I love what they say about the clamps:

"Made in the USA by a qualified machinist (He's missing a finger)"

:21:

Luke.

Yeah, that GBP site is awesome; lots of cool products, amusing descriptions, and best of all-- tons of detailed photos of the parts/frames themselves, plus photos from all the events they run in cooperation with the retail shop: Atomic Cycles.

Another must-visit site for klunker enthusiasts is the Mr. Tick site. I'd put up a link, but it'd violate forum rules, as the entire site is riddled with profanity. I got a stem and some canti-posts from Mr. Tick, as well as a "Klunkin' Aint' Easy" t-shirt.... all of it is quality stuff. FWIW, the Ticker appears in the GBP retail catalogue, and i suspect he may be the machinist who turned out those seat clamps....

Latest posts

Back