Seat ideas for a big guy??

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, the exercise bike saddles are comfy, also, a saddle off a trike, they look weird, but I've seen someone on this board put one on a regular bike and it looked fine.

Best seats I have found are the Messenger wide seats like I have on my Heavy Duty and my Hawthorne. I could ride for days on them.
P8240007.jpg

P8240020.jpg

yoothgeye said:
If it's like sitting on a pillow... a pillow would've cost less, just harder to mount to the seat post without getting an unwanted surprise.

:lol: That would get a bit uncomfortable real fast.

I picked this seat up for $28 from WalMart (now I saw it on sell for $20ish :roll: ) but I've found it real comfortable, especially considering the price I paid. Oh, and I did weigh #281 at the time...now #248 :wink:
P6170058.jpg

i'm fat (@250lbs) and I like Brooks unsprung saddles. which model depends a lot on the type of bike and the position of the saddle in relation to the handlebar. The b17 is a safe bet. Yeah, they're spendy (can usually score them online in the neighborhood of $85), but they're made out of real leather by ppl who get paid a (somewhat) real wage.

-rob

I have an exerciser seat I'll send you for shipping plus 4-5 bucks for gas if you don't find something else you like better.PM me. it's in perfect condition if I recall correctly. I am Bigger than you and it's like riding on a big pleather couch!

Great ideas.. thanks. I think I'm gonna get one of the cheap schwinn seats... at least until I decide that this is gonna be an ongoing hobby for me. I'd like something like a Brooks if I stick around.

Back