Scrap Yard Flying Star!New pics added on the 23rd !

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This bike wasnt flying when i found it. Here are a few pics. Im still not sure wether to go knlunker or cruiser or mix it. Im going to be running 5 speeds and i welded a brake bridge from a damaged stingray on the rear. The fork is from a jc higgins i had bought.
IMG_1411.jpg

IMG_1415.jpg

Partially together update pic below.
IMG_3710.jpg

IMG_3712.jpg

IMG_3719.jpg

IMG_3711.jpg

Getting towards finished with it below.
IMG_20120317_145858.jpg

IMG_20120317_145853.jpg

IMG_20120317_145826.jpg

Re: Scrap Yard Flying Star!

The color is supposed to be the same green as the new camaros , but the guy didnt have the code and mixed it by eye. I guess its 100% custom and hope i dont scratch it and have to repaint! It is automotive with clear. It really pops in the sun. Ill get more pictures after i build the wheels so it can stand on its own again. I need a long solid 7 seatpost for it. When the weather warms up, ill have trade bait for parts.

Re: Scrap Yard Flying Star!

So Schwinn had this frame style as multiple models? For some reason I thought thais style frame was only used for one or two years as a Tornado. I stand corrected.

Re: Scrap Yard Flying Star!New pics added on the 6th !

I dont know what handlebars, and stem i want to go with. Im going to probably change the seat. Im looking for a taller 7 seat post than the one i have(not pictured) . I have a rear rack without reflectors i believe is going on . More coming later. New pics posted in starter post.

Re: Scrap Yard Flying Star!New pics added on the 6th !

The frame and fork look fantastic. That'll turn some heads.
You could try a piece of aluminum round stock if you wanted a soild seat post, it's worked for me

Sweet looking ride! Love the color and the forks!

Oops, I just realized that I posted my tandem find here last night.
Sorry for accidentally bogarting space on your thread. :oops:

F'n sweet!! That color is the heat!! Great job, got me a CWC build coming up and I haven't decided what color to do yet.

Back