Scrambled Eggs - Finished

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Harbor freight. Used to be 10 for $10., now $2.50

https://www.harborfreight.com/search?q=fire starter
Tap to match valve cover bolts for a small block chev/ford/mopar.
20231008_120627.jpg

Platform pedals to bolt it to.

Pedals on Fire... probably not legal in most states.....

Diggin' the yellow highlights and your other mods. I really like the mags on this build. Got me huntin' on fb mktplc for a pair....how long does this MBBO go again.... it's 35 degrees and raining right now; would I even have 1 good paint day ? :bigsmile:

RaT muScLe oN~!

Diggin' the yellow highlights and your other mods. I really like the mags on this build. Got me huntin' on fb mktplc for a pair....how long does this MBBO go again.... it's 35 degrees and raining right now; would I even have 1 good paint day ? :bigsmile:

RaT muScLe oN~!
Thank You Oddjob. I was surprised the yellow matched in so well. Without the seat I don't think it would have matched.

It would be cool to see an oddjob MBBO this year. Paint could always be done with the heated can and frame, then sprayed. I have done that more than once after I heard @GuitarlCarl describe it. Once flash dried, cure it in the shop.

One of those mags was in my Dad's barn when he bought the old farmhous in 81. I was gonna run it on my te Murray BMX the year they bought me my chromomag predator. The mag ended up at my house a couple years ago. I found a matching one along the way to this buildoff..

If using the crossbar, what if you did a number plate with the mesh screen technique you used on your last build. However, instead of the rising sun design, you did teeth like open jaws (or flames for that matter).
Hotrod flames would look cool.

If at some point I convert it over from muscle to a BMX, a flamed number plate on BMX bars would definitely fit in and match quite well.

That bar, or another bar, or in another colour, might look cool if you were fitting instruments.

Sometimes I wonder if our decisions are based on what has already been accepted, meaning it can be difficult to know if our current choices are merely not good or simply too fresh. I kinda like the bar, on that bike, if it were red, and it has certainly made me think about the possibilities - like one made of a welded chain, or something like that. I do like the fact that you tested the idea and made us think.

Hand brake is a no go. That 2.4 back tire won't clear the springs on the brake.
20231018_124915.jpg

Can't add a full link to the chan and tighten the chain. So it gets left off.

I don't want.to add fenders, so this build looks 99% complete at this point. Nothing else planned.

Last edited:
You can rebuild the brake so the center mount slot is on top, not on the bottom. This one is set to the bottom.
1697661105767.png

Just take it apart, flip over the center bolt, put it back together, and you should be good. Those springs have hooks on the end, so the length shouldn't matter.

Last edited:
You can rebuild the brake so the center mount slot is on top, not on the bottom. This one is set to the bottom.
View attachment 250733

Just take it apart, flip over the center bolt, put it back together, and you should be good. Those springs have hooks on the end, so the length shouldn't matter.
Don't know why I didn't think of that. Thanks @CRASH !!
20231018_143310.jpg

Gonna find a black or red cable and.cut it in after work.

Latest posts

Back