Schwinn Traveler

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been searching on the net, but can't figure out what year and where my new to me Schwinn was made. The serial number on the rear dropout is L522821. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

tiki v said:
I've been searching on the net, but can't figure out what year and where my new to me Schwinn was made. The serial number on the rear dropout is L522821. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Pics would be helpful.

Is that is the left rear dropout? That is past the series of numbers that start with a letter. Are you sure it's a 5 and not an 8? The style of bike will shed much more light on the subject.

I rode one of those from Tampa to Jacksonville in 1978. It's a 75 or 76 Traveler, made by Panasonic. Later Schwinn used Giant frames. This is the first of the Japanese Schwinns. I was disappointed when I realized it wasn't a Chicago Schwinn after I bought it. But it rode great. I say it's a 75 or 76 because of the one piece crank like a standard bike. edit: just checked the chart, it's a 1975, second digit is the year, first is the month, November.

15mbuit.jpg

Back