***schwinn streamline aerocycle***

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to say that I agree with the others about a restoration.

These bikes are hard to come by in any condition, let alone as beutiful and o.g. as that one. You see pictures of restored aerocycles... but originals as nice as this? Way better IMO :mrgreen:

I'd "restore" it with a gentle cleaning and nothing more. I'd be willing to bet the right tires and grips are available (repro) and those with the cleaning would be the extent of my changes to it. That's a rare beast in a rare condition.

It will look good resto or not, I just hope you can nab it!

Sooooo....finally met with the homeowner today. After explaining the last 15 yrs of bicycle recycling, repairing and rebuilding in my local community (of which he is the exec director of the chamber of commerce) I think he began to understand my enthusiasm. Then I explained my collection of bikes and he started looking concerned!

The 3 speed Hercules was offered for free but the Schwinn..apparently it is his cousin's bike. She must be in her '80's and has probably long forgotten it, but he told me he will check with her and get back to me.
At least he promised to move it to a solid storage building on his property so nothing happens to it...

Don't think I've slept a wink in the last three days! LOL
So hurry up and wait i guess...I'll definitely kept you all posted. Best find of my life! :D

Oh yes, and of COURSE i would skip restoration! A solid survivor like this deserves better...right?

Best of Luck to you some dreams do come try I found this in the barn this year and yet Im jealous of your find and hope you get it. :D
[
003105.jpg
[/url]

Have you got any sleep since finding it. I know I wouldn't. Please keep us posted.

This situations can be really tricky. Once interest is shown and then there is a delay in a deal, it just gives the owner more time to go out and do the dreaded online research which in this situation would most definitely ruin it all.

You almost have to do what the American Pickers do and throw down some serious cash to make them jump on it.

Rat Rod said:
This situations can be really tricky. Once interest is shown and then there is a delay in a deal, it just gives the owner more time to go out and do the dreaded online research which in this situation would most definitely ruin it all.

You almost have to do what the American Pickers do and throw down some serious cash to make them jump on it.

Ding ding ding!!!! We have a winner.
I really didn't want to come right out and say this and potentially cause you additional loss of sleep Swami but you're in trouble.

Tailwinds said:
Rat Rod said:

Ding ding ding!!!! We have a winner.
I really didn't want to come right out and say this and potentially cause you additional loss of sleep Swami but you're in trouble.

Well, just heard from the homeowner...the bike is part of a trust and included in the property with the buildings. And of course, he'd like to have it appraised before he does anything about it...looks like photo's are the only thing i walk away with! So close and yet so far...he said I get first bid at it when it does get appraised so we'll see.

At least i can start sleeping thru the night again lol!

I have a feeling if the first time you saw it you plunked down $800 in cash it would have somehow mysteriously made its way out of the trust. :lol:

Pretty amazing that this bike still exists in that barn..especially in that condition. It should give everyone hope that they are still out there to be found!

Time for Plan B, send me a detailed map of the bikes location and include a SASE for me to return your finders fee in :lol:

Back