Schwinn Stingray replica for 30 bucks

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been out of town on a training class for the last three weeks. Didn't stop me from pickin up two bikes while I was there though! I was in Charlotte which is three hours away from home, got to come home on the weekends so I might as well check craig'slist right? First week I found a nice donor bike with a three speed I put on the wife's ride, then yesterday just before leaving I snagged this little replica. I'm gonna strip it down and powder coat it Candyapple red and give it to my nephew for his birthday. I plan on putting all the stickers back on it but they'll be the Applekrate stickers. I know it's not one, but he loves red. Chrome is in exellent shape as are the wheels, tires look brand new. Has a small rip in the side of the seat which is barely noticeable. All in all, not a bad deal for $30.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/9...kr.com/8539/8603361544_26b4be93a8_c.jpg[/img]
Stingray low rider by flickpix67, on Flickr[/url]

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/9...kr.com/8124/8602258339_560e2424da_c.jpg[/img]
Stingray low rider by flickpix67, on Flickr[/url]

SCORE !!!

Nice clean ride, too - up here it would be twice as rusty and be 130 bucks. CONGRATS.

Nice looking bikes for repops, too, I know they get bad press, but I like mine, sadly the springers are 20" and not the 24" used on the original Krates, but otherwise, not bad examples for a rider.

It's not original, but not a bad little ride for a young kid. I was really buying it for the springer to use on another bike I had for my nephew, but it's made for a 4 inch head tube. The other bike I have, 57 murry built for sears, has a 6 inch head tube. Without some cutting,welding, and mods it won't work. Still. This bike will make him just as happy and will last him a while. I'm sorry to hear you have to pay so much extra for bikes though, wow.

Money well spent.. :wink:

DIABLO67 said:
It's not original, but not a bad little ride for a young kid. I was really buying it for the springer to use on another bike I had for my nephew, but it's made for a 4 inch head tube. The other bike I have, 57 murry built for sears, has a 6 inch head tube. Without some cutting,welding, and mods it won't work. Still. This bike will make him just as happy and will last him a while. I'm sorry to hear you have to pay so much extra for bikes though, wow.

Sounds like he'll be styling anyways :)

Thanks for the condolences, :oops: like some others have posted, just seems some areas have really stupid pricing, Binghamton being on of em. saw some rustbuckets at the local mission thrift store today, 85.00 for an old ladies 3 speed columbia with rotted tires, and 55.00 for a 24" Kent Mt Bike. they had a rotted out 26" Raleigh 10 speed up on the wall like a trophy.
And I find my share :), just NEVER from second hand shops or thrift stores or rarely from Craigs, but word of mouth, etc.. just have to avoid the ' American Picker Syndrome' . I don't mind paying for something nice, but when ratty stuff is at full street price. I can find stuff at the local flea market for half what thrift stores want. Once in a while a direct to previous owner sale works out, so not complaining overall ( much, lol :) . AM amazed by what some ppl find on this forum, and have posted some of my own ... CONGRATS again.

yellow68stingray said:
Has it been sold yet?
It's not for sale buddy, sorry. I gave it to mt nephew.

Latest posts

Back