Schwinn Stingray OCC Chopper

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just scored this from a neighbor for $50.00. Its brand new, unridden except by me and even has the manual tiewrapped to the bars still. He bought it for his son and the little guy didnt like it. Is it worth it to keep it stored all original or to use for parts or what?

100_0004-1.jpg

I wouldn't take it apart. It's not worth much now, but who knows what it will be worth later. I think a lot of them got trashed. Keep it as is.

I agree with the value thing, Fun at first but then they sit and become un used and wont sell not even for 50$ around here anyway lol nice looking bikes though. I loved mine for a whole year then forgot about it and two or so years after I was in the shed and noticed it lol

i see people on craigslist trying to sell um for 100-150 :shock: claiming its super rare but they also pop up around 30 for a used beat one. even then i wouldnt give that much. yours looks really clean tho. id just sit on it for about ten years and see where it goes from there. seem like they rust out really easily so yours probly will be rare by then :D id just wax it and keep it somewhere safe.
viewtopic.php?t=11470
heres what i did to mine

I did some research and they really arent worth much anyway. Im changing my entry in the anything goes build off to this and am going to have some fun with it.

johnp.smith said:
I did some research and they really arent worth much anyway. Im changing my entry in the anything goes build off to this and am going to have some fun with it.

That's the spirit! There's a few guys around who have made cool bikes out of these, they have potential.
Check out the "OC Rat Chop Suey" work log linked in my signature, I put 24" and 26" wheels on mine, and an 8-speed rear hub. Rode it over 100 miles last weekend, too! They definitely are fun.

Back