Schwinn Stingray fender not fitting?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello guys, working on adding some fenders to my 1973 Schwinn Stingray. Its a coaster and originally didn't have fenders. I have the front figured out with a nice NOS one off eBay. And I have purchased one for the rear, but it doesn't seem to fit well. I can line up the center mounting hole but the lower, front one is about 3/4 of an inch off. And the rear brackets are a bit off too. Do the 3 and 5 speeds/krates use a different rear fender, might this be one of them?

Thanks for any input!

I am thinking that's what I will end up doing, but mostly just curious I guess? Also need to come up with something that looks good to use as a spacer.

I personally have yet to see a Schwinn fender that didn't take work to sit right on the rear, normally it's the stupid mount on the kickstand bracket that fudges everything up. Bend the tab and if need be, make a spacer to get it to sit right.

....... I knew there were some differences, but not that many. I'll make this one fit, but not going to mess up the chrome on the fender. For future reference, how does one know what fender he is buying off eBay? Thanks!

Back