schwinn score

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Found this schwinn on craigslist for 10 dollars. s/n matches 1948 E068249. Does anyone have info on what model this is, and what belongs on it? I pulled the crank off, and it isn't a schwinn crank, and spring is broken on front. This thing has been re-painted, so I will attempt to strip the top paint. I would like to find correct chainring, and guard, but don't know what belongs on it. I also wonder what headbadge would belong on it. Should be a fun project anyway.
P1010232.jpg
P1010233.jpg

A '48 cantilever with a springer was probably a B6. Also could have been an unequiped B5. Phantoms came out in '49 so there is a slim chance it could have been a Phantom. Paint will tell if you can get down to the original. If it has a 3 color paint job (2 colors and 3rd color pinstripe) then it was a deluxe bike. Here's a pic of my 1950 B6. Gary
DSC03681.jpg

DSC03677.jpg

Spokeshave said:
Wow,what a steal. Congrats .
Yeah I've seen just the fork go for 10 times that much! If you had the key it'd be more.

Score!! :D You got that awesome frame for $10 and a locking springer fork for free!! :mrgreen:

thanks for all the comments. I appreciate the picture added. My frame does have those same colors under the repaint.

Back