Schwinn S40 DSX

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Driving home this evening and my neighbor two houses down had this and an old lawn mower piled at the end of his driveway.

DSC_0002-22.jpg

DSC_0003-25.jpg

DSC_0007-20.jpg
'

DSC_0008-20.jpg

DSC_0009-23.jpg

And the reason it was parked out there...

DSC_0005-19.jpg

Could make for an interesting parts bike or future project. :mrgreen:

Looks like sabotage on the back rim..Not a bad score..What did the Lawn Mower look like ...did you grab that too..LOL :wink:

jaydub said:
Looks like sabotage on the back rim..Not a bad score..What did the Lawn Mower look like ...did you grab that too..LOL :wink:

It looked really old, cheap and like it needed work...oh, and like it needed to stay there...ha ha.

You should have grabbed the lawnmower 2 :D Could have sold it for scrap and made some money....

What a great idea, Steve!........Go around cutting spokes on a Monday. Pick up the bikes for FREE on Tuesday...You're a GENIUS!

The funny part was that I didn't even notice the spokes until I got it home.

I was sort of concerned that the bike wasn't intended for the trash man and that I had just walked off with some kid's bike! :shock:

I did that a couple weeks ago. Spotted a 20 inch bike missing its front wheel laying by a trash can near my work. Put it in the back of my truck and went to work. Got off work there was a note on the bike. This bike was not trash please put it back where you got it from and ask next time LOL

more laughing. I've bought bikes a few times without noticing broken spokes, so I try to remind myself to check next time.....I always fail to check the next time :lol:

A woman I worked with asked me to repair her daughters' bike. Someone slashed the tires and cut about 20 spokes, plus ALL the shifter and brake cables. When I went to her house, I found it to be a Walmart bike. I told her I could fix it for $129........She said "I only paid $119 for the bike". She wasn't happy when I told her I was only charging her $10 extra for picking up a NEW one.

KOTA said:
A woman I worked with asked me to repair her daughters' bike. Someone slashed the tires and cut about 20 spokes, plus ALL the shifter and brake cables. When I went to her house, I found it to be a Walmart bike. I told her I could fix it for $129........She said "I only paid $119 for the bike". She wasn't happy when I told her I was only charging her $10 extra for picking up a NEW one.

:) :D :)

Back