Schwinn Pixie II: before and after...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the 1978 Schwinn Pixie II I bought for my 3 year-old Daughter for Christmas about 2 months ago. It was so hard to keep it hidden from her.I replaced the solid rubber tires and the wheels it had on it with some 16" chrome wheels off another bike, and threw on some new white walls. I cleaned it up real good, waxed the paint and buffed the chrome fenders. The smile on her face on Christmas morning was worth the wait! Below are some before and after pics, I really like the way it turned out.

Before...

IMG01982-20111122-1720.jpg

IMG01986-20111122-1721-1.jpg

IMG01990-20111122-1724.jpg

IMG01991-20111122-1725.jpg

IMG01987-20111122-1722.jpg

After...

IMG02110-20111224-1103.jpg

IMG02109-20111224-1103.jpg

IMG02108-20111224-1103.jpg

I was going to tell you to tell her I'd buy it off her when she's done with it, but mine had a slightly different frame. Probably not a "II".

Circa 1969-1970:

pixie.jpg

Looks like you're into 67-72 Chevy trucks too? I currently have a '69, but I've had a couple others.

Thanks everyone for all the comments! My Daughter loves it, and now she can go cruising in style with Dad when I go out for a spin.

Toeslider- Yes I'm into 67-72 Chevy Trucks. I've had it going on 7 years now. It was my first vehicle at 17 years old and I will never get rid of her! It's funny because I think my Daughter is in love with my truck as much as I am. She loves goin cruising in it, because she gets to sit near the window!

Here she is...
IMG01093-20110322-1832.jpg

Nice truck.

Did you ever let her "drive" it yet?

Just let her steer as your're driving down the road.(SLOWLY)

THAT is a memory she will never forget.

Pops let me "drive" when I was just a little shaver.

MagicRat said:
Nice truck.

Did you ever let her "drive" it yet?

Just let her steer as your're driving down the road.(SLOWLY)

THAT is a memory she will never forget.

Pops let me "drive" when I was just a little shaver.

No not yet, will have to let her "drive" next time I take it out for a wash.

I let my niece "drive" my '64 Dodge on the way to get Water Ice a coupla years ago.(Daughter I never had)

I grabbed her left arm and planted it on the steering wheel and said "YOU can steer us there"(my left foot covering the brake pedal as we were idling down the street)

Her worthless POS father still makes her ride in the back seat of his POS car.

She rides in the front with me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQe3DKDQRRs

MagicRat said:
I let my niece "drive" my '64 Dodge on the way to get Water Ice a coupla years ago.(Daughter I never had)

I grabbed her left arm and planted it on the steering wheel and said "YOU can steer us there"(my left foot covering the brake pedal as we were idling down the street)

Her worthless POS father still makes her ride in the back seat of his POS car.

She rides in the front with me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQe3DKDQRRs

Its funny that you post that Alan Jackson video. That song gives me chills everytime I hear it, Reminds me of when my Dad would put me on his lap and steer his truck. Best feeling in the world. Thanks for bringing back the memories MagicRat!

Back