Schwinn Jaguar

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just picked up this guy off of craigslist this past weekend. I plan on keeping it pretty much stock, probably will flip the bars and put a layback seatpost on it, but that's it. Paint is in good shape as is the chrome. Also has the original brick tires, grips and pedals.

Anyone have advice on how to remove stickers without messing up the paint?

6B3FFA69-622C-496B-82B1-6946350EA63B-8098-0000039A750694CA_zps55089c67.jpg

Also built this guy to house this bike and the lady's which is behind (Coast King Restore)

3445661C-10FD-4992-A175-D627EEE7AF15-8098-0000039A7B7C1D24_zps8c10bf7f.jpg

Try WD-40. Usually tears through old stickers. It shouln't harm the paint. If the stickers are on the tank,go easy the paint on those tanks is pretty thin on top of the chrome. Go light on the elbow grease.
Super nice Schwinn .

Looks like a 59. Nice find!

Nice bike I love that green!
There water transfer decals heat wont work on them. Like said above wd40 or even a light automotive polish will scrub them off. Whats the serial number it looks early sixties to me. I beleive thats when they switched to that chainguard and rear rack

Wanna sell it? Pm me :D
Ty

Tychevelle said:
Whats the serial number it looks early sixties to me. I beleive thats when they switched to that chainguard and rear rack

That style chain guard was introduced in 59. It doesn't have a starburst head badge which would make it a 60 or 61, but it does have the long hand pinstripes on the fork which were 60 and earlier. Hence my guess as a 59.

GTV said:
That style chain guard was introduced in 59. It doesn't have a starburst head badge which would make it a 60 or 61, but it does have the long hand pinstripes on the fork which were 60 and earlier. Hence my guess as a 59.

Did that year Jaguar come with an aluminum Mayweg front rack and a ball headlight? Gary

Yes I believe this model did have a rack. There is an attachment for it on the stem. My buddy actually has one and he will be giving it to me. As for the light, still looking. I'll look for the serial number tonight, plan to fix it up in a couple weeks when I'm on spring break.

***Sticker update baby oil removed the stickers on the chrome, will be trying a hair dryer on the painted surfaces. They look like model type stickers, not your typical sticker.

Back