schwinn heavy duty

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i found this the other week. i was driving to the bike shop to get a tube and it was sitting out at a yard sale. got it for $30. the coolest thing it how thick and beefy the spokes are...
2704260515_d1a1aca002_b.jpg

2705073068_be258ccbd9_b.jpg

how come it has the rear brake mount, i thought the heavy dutys were coasters only ?
Schwinn generally pulled whatever was handy, so there are a lot of coaster bikes w/that frame. Usually they have the coaster fork though. Also, the 'hockey stick' chainguard used on 54-58 middleweights, some have a tacked on clip for a brake cable on ladies' bikes. But I've seen that guard on men's bikes, in fact I have a 54 Corvette men's (rough original) that has it. ~Adam

I get them all the time now and i think since most of them are produced for plant bikes the things on the rear are for side baskets and not brakes. They come with either two side baskets or one big one in the front. Funny thing is either the cantileaver model or the twin bar one has the same exact dimensions.

Latest posts

Back