Schwinn fork question

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey guys,

Ive been told that stingray forks are different from reg stingrays with s7 frt tires to fastbacks? that true? if so whats different? im guessing fastback forks are a little longer to allow for the slighly taller tires? also does any one know if a manta ray fork is the same as say a 24" canti frame? or s7 bike?

Ty

Fastbacks and Manta Rays also used 1 3/8" tire if I'm not mistaken. Much narrower tire! :wink:

yeah we know that but would a reg rays fork work on a fastback or would the rim to too tall for the brakes to reach it? I know when I put a reg 20x1.75 rim on the front of my fastback to ride it when i was cleaning the s5 the brakes wouldnt reach the rim

Fastback rims are like mini road bike rims. The overall diameter of the tires are similar to a regular 20" tire. The fastback tires are smaller diameter (1-3/8" as oppsed to 2.125") so the rim has to be slightly bigger to make up the difference. A stingray fork will fit a fastback frame. Are you wanting to use a fastback wheel with a regular stingray fork? I don't have one to measure, but asking for the crown to axle measurements on both for comparison might give you what you need.

Yeah I know the rims and all there different sizing I have a fastback, a reg stingray and a krate but i also have a manta ray frame and another fastback frame but no forks. I dont have my fastback here as its frame and fork is out for paint right now so I cant measure it. im wanting to know when I start looking for forks for the manta ray and the fastback if they have to be specific to those frames. there are 24" s5 bikes besides manta rays right?

Okay...I had a 24" road bike when I was a kid. The forks on something like that would probably work. It was schwinn and I remember the head tube being shorter more like the fastbacks and manta rays. The forks were round legs. I can't remember the model. I am sure that something is out there for you.

Back