Schwinn Exerciser Stretch.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Schwinn Excercisor Stretch.

Okay, the second two were on a hill, so it doesn't really count, but I still had fun. You should be able to click on these and see a short video clip.

WOW! 34mph in the second clip.......35mph in the third one!......Looked good doin it too.

love this one! especially the seat. I might use something simillar on a future bike if thats ok with you

this bike is just great and the shifter is one of the best custom units i have seen yet.

Thanks guys, The base of the shifter started life as an air compressor pistion. The actual shifter lever part is from a '72 VW beetle. Someday I plan to make the brake lever part lock the shifter in place to prevent moving while riding, but It doesn't really move as is, so that might wait for a while.

I appreciate all the comments. The best part is that it cost about half what my other builds have cost and took about half the time too. :D

nice bike m8! can't wait to get started on mine :mrgreen:

Okay deorman... This one is for you.

As the race gets closer, I thought I had better swap seats ang get more serious about training. I put this one on, and it is only slightly more comfortable than the bare metal seat. I rode it 17 miles yesterday in 55 min. I hope to bump up the average MPH to about 20 by race day.

IMG_2447.jpg

:lol: How about putting the cover back on the metal one? :? Those skinny ones work good in the sky, I can see how it might not help much on that sled. Maybe even one of those tabletops they put on the excersizers, that thing is still going to be slick! :wink:

Thanks,

herr_rudolf said:
That's a great looking skinny seat you've got on there... Does it do it's job for ya, or is the broad one more comfortable?
The skinny seat is slightly more comfortable than the bare metal seat. It will do fine for the 21 mile race I am entering in July.

herr_rudolf said:
Man, I just saw your videos... I N S A N E ! ! !
I never realized this bike was a driver... Très COOL!
I am pretty sure I have had it over 40 mph now. I just picked up a digital speedometer last night so I can monitor my speed during the race. I went around the neighborhood at my cruising speed. I was happy to see 21 mph. It records the high speed as well, so it will be fun to see what it will do downhill. I averaged 17-18mph on my last ride, but that was partially due to stop lights.

Well I posted my time for the race back when it happened in July. I pulled it off in 59 min. I held 25 MPH for the first 3 miles. With a 6min delay for the exhibition class, I still finished 30 of 380 It felt good passing all those skinny tires and spandex. If it hadn't been for the delay, I would have finished #12 overall on this beast.

The point of this post was that I was just looking on ebay and found a picture of a bantam and it reminded me of what I did with this frame. I hadn't seen one before, but i guess schwinn kindof had the same idea.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-20-inch-sch ... 286.c0.m14

Sweet ride, I love it so much that I'm on a hunt to find and build one for myself. I don't think I can improve it by any chance.

It just keeps gettin' better.

Nice work, and way to go on the race thing!!

Congrastulaters!

Back