Schwinn Display Bicycle

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have any history on these and know any oproximate value?

schwinn.jpg

Almost every Schwinn shop had one to demonstrate how derailleur gears worked to a client base raised on one speed ballooners. The one I have is dated with a serial number just like a Schwinn bike. Some are chrome but I have seen them in Schwinn colors also. As for market value; I have seen them on eBay but haven't followed sales closely or lately. Your's looks complete so I would estimate around $200 to someone who needs one to keep their friends entertained when normal bike talk fails. That may or may not be around what the individual parts are worth to a Varsity (and Run-a-bout?) collector.

I have a couple of friends who have one and I've seen these all over the Ann Arbor swap meet. I don't think they're worth much anyone except for their parts or maybe somone who actually collects bikeshop memorabilia. I once saw one sell for $20.00 but that's the only one I've ever seen sell. They may be worth something, I just haven't seen anyone really interested.

Back