Schwinn Breezey.. New Pics!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey guys, here's a simple build i've got going on.. 70's Schwinn Breeze. I just flaked it out and kandied it with PPG. Hard to really see how vibrant it is and the flake in the garage, i'll get more pics soon of it in the sun! Oh, and our 54' GMC truck project in the background =]

Flake/clear sanded down..
imagejpeg_2-8.jpg

Kandied/cleared..
imagejpeg_4-2.jpg

imagejpeg_2-7.jpg

Re: Kustom 70's Schwinn Breeze in Progress..

nice. I'm liking the metal flake bikes that have been popping up. My library when I was a kid had a few George Barris Kustoms books. I looove the Rat Rod style, but old skool metalflake still gets me going too.

jeff

Re: Kustom 70's Schwinn Breeze in Progress..

Well, today was a pretty productive day. I took apart an old springer fork i'm putting on the Breeze, soaked them in Lemon Juice and it removed about 95% of the rust. Seriously impressed, i wish i had before pics of how bad it looked. I also sprayed the fenders and the fork!
Let me know what you guys think of it so far! Still not done with the paint, adding lace over the fender and chain gaurd ;)

The power of lemon juice! So happy with the results..
imagejpeg_2-9.jpg

Holy sparkle! The before, during, and after collage of my fork..
forkcollage.jpg

The fenders, a little silver flaked mixed with Lil Daddy Roth Snowcaine flake.. Before&After
DSCN1933.jpg

imagejpeg_3-7-1.jpg

DSCN1936.jpg

And pics of the frame & chain gaurd in the sun!
DSCN1929-1.jpg

DSCN1930.jpg

Lemme know what you guys think!

Re: Schwinn Breezey..

MadMax '58 said:
Nice!!....What rims & tires are you gonna run?....
A little custom "Varsity"....Same style frame...... :D 8)

Thanks! Going to use the original rims which are 24'' and probably find some white walls for her..
Good looking bike and the placement of the lights lol

Super cool 8) Breeze 8) ...love those handlebars and OG grips! :D

Incredible paint skillz!!!!!!
Super bike!!

Great paint and concept – 8) ride!

Bigdaddy772 said:
Looking SWEEET!! love that color combo and BIG FLAKES!! 8) 8)

Thanks, it's actually 2 differ sizes of flake, small and medium.. it helps make it pop more! :)

sleepy said:
Super cool 8) Breeze 8) ...love those handlebars and OG grips! :D

Glad you like :) I actually flipped the handlebars upside and those are the original grips

kingfish254 said:
Incredible paint skillz!!!!!! Super bike!!

Thanks for the compliment :) little difficult spraying a tiny bike frame and getting in between those bars! Use to painting on cars lol

ZygoteLittle said:
Great paint and concept – 8) ride!

Thanks a lot! Can't wait to ride it

Back