Schwinn BMX or Muscle Bike made into trike on CS

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm not sure if the bike was originally some type of muscle bike or not. My knowledge of smaller bikes is very limited. But I saw this on Craigslist and thought is was interesting and odd and might make for some conversation. More pics of it in the ad.

http://terrehaute.craigslist.org/bik/4553355034.html

00K0K_goF2SaxoFau_600x450.jpg

Last edited:
I didn't think about it being one of their earlier BMX bikes. I just assumed someone swapped the stem and fork. Anyhow I changed the title to include the BMX possibility.

Old School Schwinn Scrambler Frame , Looks cool with added Three wheel kit.

~RafaeL~

Thanks for the info and WOW. Searched pics of the Schwinn Scramblers and I have to say they are really cool looking little bikes.

In 20 or 30 years we may be asking similar questions about this trike:

http://columbus.craigslist.org/bik/4539623187.html

A guy here in Ohio converted one of the newer Schwinn Stingray choppers into a trike with a "removable cargo bed." He has two other customized Stingrays on craigslist as well, both with apehangers and one with a pretty cool olive drab, P-51 sharkmouth paint job!

Forget the trike aspect, this is a super RARE green Schwinn Scrambler frame (circa '77-'80). If I were closer, I would jump all over that for the price.

It's quite a drive for me and since it been converted into a trike I would have to choose between two options to haul it. Take my 1973 Ford F100 and haul it complete but incur major gas expense. The old big block is mighty thirsty. Or take the car and hope to be able to disassemble it and haul the bike on the trunk rack. Then pray I come up with a way to haul the rear assembly. I'll just pass for those reasons and because I have no idea how much original Scrambler parts are there. The forks look repainted...... Not worth it to me as I have no use for it and wold have to sell it. I have no idea of there is enough value there to cover expenses and make at least a little something for all the trouble.

Latest posts

Back