Schwalbe big apple

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 29er and time to replace the original Ponley rubber will be here this spring . I like the baloon tire look so do not want to replace with a 700c option, but I want a harder tire with better puncture protection and lower rolling resistance. In my youth the way to size up a tire was how much air pressure it held.

I've found Schwalbe Big apple tires that seem to impress me , from reading reviews . I also noticed Fat Frank and Marathon tires also from Schwalbe. Has anyone ever mounted a set of these or know of another good 29er with street tread ?

I've got friends and a Schwinn vintage bike shop who swear by the Fat Franks. They roll very fast for such a wide tire as well.

This may be a little late, as the question was asked a month ago. I commute daily on a 29er single speed, and have been riding on Big Apples for about three years. They are finally wearing out; but after three years of heavy use, I can't complain. They roll fast, and have good puncture resistance. My only major flats have been caused by roofing nails and drywall screws. Overall, I think that it is a really great tire.

Back