saved from the scrap gods

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DONT LAUGH..... ok as always i have been scounging for parts and old bikes but i've been wanting a internal geared rim for the longest time ....so today as always i am reading this stuff on here and i finally figure out where i have seen the rack on this bike before .....

it was on this bike a piece of lawn art ....

100_0995.jpg

in my yard....

yep the cool rack i have been wanting since you first posted this and the rim i have been wanting for forever

i already own....DOH!

"And it has a lever shifted 2 speed rear wheel" thanks tnt1! {would have never noticed if you hadnt pointed it out}

anyone have any info on those lever shifted bendix two speed hubs?
this one's not working to my specifications. It just spins out in the higher gear.

yustin said:
this one's not working to my specifications. It just spins out in the higher gear.

check New Dahrma's thread on "Hubs"
or PM him,
he seems to have A LOT of knowledge when it come's to
Tecq stuff and wheels...

Kev.

Clothespin "n" said:
yustin said:

check New Dahrma's thread on "Hubs"
or PM him,
he seems to have A LOT of knowledge when it come's to
Tecq stuff and wheels...

Kev.

I just turned that thread into a sticky in the HOW TO forum.

Lucky bugger...

Man the paint on that Flyer is perrrrrfec for a Rat. You lucky bugger.

That's what I am looking for...something that looks like it has baked in the desert sun for 20 years!!!!!!!!

Some solid rims and PHAT tires...sweeeeeeeet.

I took it all apart and found a lot of rust.
Trimmed the rust off and polished the old metal.
Painted the bottom seat pan.
seet1a.jpg

seet2a.jpg

seet3a.jpg

Tell me what you think...
I think it came out weird..
But at least its useable.

Okay that is the coolest seat, Personally i think it would look better without the racks, But i love the bike.

I like it without the rack and rear fender. Those supports are like some weird radar device or something! I might just take off the front fender and call it done!

Wow! Amazing what some elbow grease and a can of paint can do. That seat is fabulous, awesome look. Although I imagine not too comfortable for the next century ride. Personally I wouldn't change a thing, just enjoy it!

Back