San Francisco

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
San Francisco. I live 60 feet from golden gate park.

This is the view from my apartment when there isn't any fog. I can see the towers from the golden gate bridge and mt Tamailpias from my couch.

IMG_0100.jpg

Arguello gate, my entrance to the park

IMG_0101.jpg

I live on bike route 65

IMG_0102.jpg

There's a bicycle themed cafe on my corner.

IMG_0103.jpg

With a bejeweled cruiser hanging over the door

IMG_0104.jpg

The Conservatory of Flowers on JFK drive in the park. JFK dr is closed to traffic on sundays and is the mecca of recreational bike riding in this city.

IMG_0105.jpg

Nice. I so miss Cali. How did you land such a sweet spot?

Nice, I just got back from a friends house on 14th and Fulton. I've been to that cafe, and ridden through the park on Sunday. It's a nice place, so nice I'm probably going to end up there at some point. And the Richmond is better than the Sunset.

I just found a real old photo of my street on the sf public library website, and I just went out and took one from today.
arguello1910.jpg

2008arguello.jpg

That's a nice place. Those last pics are very cool. Not much has really changed over the years!

I'm only in San Mateo and I've never even heard of that cafe. I gotta go check it out....

I can't remember exactly where, but there is a cafe with a sliverking hanging from the rafters. I want to say it is between USF and the panhandle if you want to go on an expedition.

Good to see you guys are looking after the colonies for us :) ....I wanna live there! Its not fare :( ! lol!

Used to live in SF at the corner of 12th and California; halfway between the park and bridge. I used to cruise the park on my Raleigh Sprite and then head over the bridge to Marin. One day I met a guy on an old klunker with handbrakes and gears. He said it was for downhilling on Tamalpais. Offered to build me one for about a grand. Gave me his number. Said his name was Gary. Never got the $ together to get one. Woulda, coulda, shoulda!

Here's how we roll in my new hometown of Ft Collins:

http://revver.com/video/409490/world-re ... ke-parade/

I grew up there and only moved to Denver 3 years ago. Many wonderful places to ride and Ive been by your house many times. The Arguello St. entrance to the Presedio is where I would enter on my way to Marin. Another great thing about S.F. is the plethera of bike shops, you can find anything there. My wife and I miss it but the cost of living just got a little too out of hand for us. Denver is nice but does not have the color, the choice of restaraunts, or the cultural diversity of S.F. It also doesn't have the traffic, parking problems or the insane housing costs. We always go back for at least 1 week of our vacation each year.

Back