Samurai's Delight

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Starting to think of ideas for the next build. Taking some inspiration from Gaskill's Josephine with the interesting top tube and seat position. But want something more angular with a "tank" space to put some graphics on.
Trying to work with the frames I have with a minimum of tube bending since I really do not have any good way to do that.
Color scheme will be patterned after the orange VW that showed up in some talk a little while ago(sort of reminded me of Tibetan monks robes). So Orange/white/red wheels/chrome
Still working on ideas for the fork.
Here is what I have so far:
SamuraisDelight.jpg

Any input ?

Re: next build concept

Hooowee....those are some sexy curves going on in that design :shock: H-h-h-hot :D

Re: next build concept:Samurai's Delight

Had a hard time sleeping the other night so designed the fork in my head. Have it 1/2 way mocked up so thought I would share it.
Wanted to keep the ridgid curved fork theme going.
forkmockup.jpg

Started the frame today. A couple of slight modifications from the concept rendering.
I took off the little bend in the bottom tube shortening the frame some. I was worried It might be to long of a reach for sr stearing if I kept it as originally planned.
I also kicked up the rear a little to give it a better line.
Next I need to find a way to create the bend in the top tube.
Here it is so far:
samuriframe1.jpg

Re: next build concept: Samurai's Delight

persoally I like it better with the straight bar on the bottom. Itys looking cool, I cant wait to see what you do next

Re: next build concept: Samurai's Delight

The bike is probably going to end up for my wife so was worried about the stretch to reach the handlebars so a little shorter is going to be better I think.

Re: Samurai's Delight update

Finally gave up on the idea of using 1 1/4" pipe for the top tubes so had some 1" conduit in stock.
I think it is going to be better because it does not make the front of he frame feel to big compared to the rear triangle.
Have not cleaned up the weld yet but wanted to post something.
SDframerough.jpg

If you set this up right that point on the top tube might be positioned right at the bottom of your breast bone. You could paint a Samurai sword there and call the bike "Harry Caray". Just a thought.

Back