Saline Michigan bike show pics.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dsc03728.jpg

What is the green bike? Looks like a picture of an atom on the tank?

mrbill said:
Hello All,

Wow, what a great bicycle show, must have been a fantastic time.
Any remember what that aerocycle was priced at?
I oughtta move to Michigan. :shock:

Cheers.

The Aerocycle sold for $5k...I talked to the guy who bought it.

TommyTwoTime said:
That was a great time. I bought the 55 Corvette with kermit the frog on it. And thats me and my son in picture #8 standing in the background. Nice pictures its like reliving it all over again. I'll post mine later.

What did you pay for the Corvette? (if you don't mind me asking) It seemed like every dealer had a black early 'Vette, though I gotta say, that's one of the nicer ones. Here's my '57 'Vette when I bought it a few years back--it's in pieces now. I LOVE the decals on those, especially the seat tube.

57vette-1.jpg

dsc03728.jpg

Everything about that is cool. I especially like the light and guard. The show looks like a lot of fun.

What was that stingray chain guard from that you picked up? I have never seen a stingray guard that shape before.

TommyTwoTime said:
He wanted $45 but offered it to me for $35 at the end of the show. It has issues single speed, wrong seat,no hand brakes, been painted over, but its a straight frame with alot of potential with some good original parts. thanks for asking.

Deal! you'll never find one that cheap on the Detroit CL, that's for sure...I'd have bought it if I knew the price--most Vettes were around $75-$100, I'm not really in the market for another one, so I stopped asking...It might have been a single speed originally--it would have still had the thingies where the calipers go, but maybe a front brake, I'm not sure. Fenders are replacements, right?
I'll take that rear rack off your hands...seriously, PM me...I'm a few miles east of you...
You can't go wrong with any of the Schwinn middleweights--if there was a better cantilever frame, I've never seen it...

Back