Saints Superbowl Tribute bike (non-rat) :-P

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here it is! Toooooons of work,time and sweat into this thing even though it was built this past winter. In south louisiana thats from November till the end of jan ;) It started out as a stingray and wound up using the bottom bracket,sprocket,cranks and rear end from it.
SaintsTributeBike24.jpg
SaintsTributeBike4.jpg

The rear fender was actually 3 stingray fenders welded into one big'un.
SaintsTributeBike25.jpg

Notice the hand brake? runs down to a pivot that has brake shoes that rub the tire :)
SaintsTributeBike10.jpg

In the beginning.....
IMG_6014.jpg

In the middleish....http://i1191.photobucket.com/albums/z462/Isaiah3g/IMG_1619.jpg[/IMG
In up to our heads!!....[img]http://i1191.photobucket.com/albums/z462/Isaiah3g/IMG_1589.jpg
In the near ending....
IMG_1737.jpg

I tried my hand at an English Wheel for the first time and made the seat out of aluminininmumum! Yes,Thats the Saints Superbowl Championship ring!! That thing had some weight to it!
SaintsTributeBike14.jpg
Football player Mike McKenzie,also founder of 34 Ways Foundation ( 34waysfoundation.org ) testing his new bike out! He purchased 2 of these bikes. We told him we would never build 2 identical bikes,because if we did,it wouldn't be custom. So the ones we are doing for him will look similar but have a little something different. :)
Mike3G11.jpg
Mike3G6.jpg
Mike3G3.jpg

Thanks man! It is a shift linkage for a drag track car. Got it at the local race store for about 75 bucks. It has hiem joints at teh fron and rear to pivot and its a piece that comes with the kit that we used to install on another pair of hiems that have been welded to the frame for pivoting and there are cut down bicycle brake shoes bolted to the bottom portion of the bracket that rubs the tire. I am at college right now,but ill try to get my brother back home to send me a pic of how it works for you.

Back