Saddlebags for the Goblin.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I was outside this evening mocking up a rat trap rear rack to see what types of brackets I will need to make so I can attach it to the sissy bar. When FedEx delivered these saddlebags I won in an auction and naturally I instantly thought how nice the would look on the Goblin. So now I'm rethinking the rat trap and instead going to make a platform and side braces for these bags. Snd mount them higher. I also received a clamshell trunk as well, but won't work with the banana seat unless I mount it really high up on the sissy bars. Once I get the platform and braces made and mounted so I'm not hitting them with my heels as I pedal I'll post more pictures. I like it when I accidentally have a cool idea. 😎
IMG_20231116_072023072~2.jpg
IMG_20231116_072030646~2.jpg
IMG_20231116_072042003~2.jpg

I need to make a better platform that's a bit wider so the bags hang straight rather the the bottoms sagging inward. That's the lowest I can mount it and still open the bags all the way and if I go much higher, I'll be sitting on them. I am going to see how much further forward I can go with a new platform style.

Last edited:
Back