saddle help

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, I'm looking for some advise on how to mount my saddle as close to the frame as possible. I'm working on a 1940 4 gill roadmaster and I don't want to weld anything to the frame if I don't have to. When I bought this bike I was planing on restoring it to it's original condition but after months of searching for the correct parts I got a bit discouraged. After searching for the tank without any luck I decided to build my own tank out of fiberglass , it turned out great and fortunately led me down the rat rod path. When I started looking for rat rods and saw the sick bike that you guys are building I was stoked! I'm pretty new to rat rod building so any advise that you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

One common method is to remove the center of the seat clamp and bolt directly to the post clamp. Some seats can be done with the seat clamp turned upward inside the seat frame, others just won't work. I have also seen the seat frame hose clamped to the seat stays, I don't care much for that myself.

Thanks bro, I think I have it figured out. I made a new bracket that mounts to the frame out of an old kickstand bracket. I'm using an old seat pan from a womens messenger saddle and I bent up the back edge to give it a motorcycle seat look. I think I'm gonna go to the thrift store and look for a heavily worn leather jacket to skin the seat.

Latest posts

Back