Sacramento Autorama 2011

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
participant numbers were WAY lower this year......
didn't know there was so much politics in the car-show world, but I do respect everybody's opinion with why they decided to sit this show out.
I really wanted my bikes to be seen at a large venue, and was concerned that if nobody was there to represent the rat bike scene that it would just be phased out of these shows in later years.
I was looking at how our Detroit brothers and sisters get down with a great bike AND display combo, so I figured I'd step up to the plate with a well thought out display. as fate would have it..... display points didn't really count for much :?
with so few bikes entered this year, they grouped ALL bikes into 2 categories *restored, and *custom.
will I be back next year?............ yes I will

the first 3 pictures are my bikes, and the other pictures round out the show (most of the vintage 10speeds were just for display and not in the show)

see you guys and gals at the next show/cruise-------------Ray "the vulture" Peoro

100_2277.jpg

100_2278.jpg

100_2279.jpg

100_2288.jpg

100_2286.jpg

100_2275.jpg

100_2291.jpg

100_2290.jpg

100_2287.jpg

100_2284.jpg

100_2283.jpg

100_2282.jpg

100_2281.jpg

100_2280.jpg

I was going to enter my bike, but when I called the promoter he said since it was after 1-1-11 I would have to pay $50 Late fee. I diddnt want to pay $100 to enter my bike. I saw your bikes and took some pics of them, They looked really good in person. The bike portion of the show could be so much better, just look at how many entries were at cyclefest this summer(and it was like 200 degrees that day)

The orange stingray chopper is a coworker's bike. The main reason that he even entered was because he was planning on going to the car show and it he got two tickets per day and parking. This way he got in with his wife one day and his grandson another day.

He sent me a text. I guess he took 2nd in custom.

These shows (and swaps) really need to figure out how to work with the bicycle crowd to get those numbers up. It's one thing to charge $50 for a car to enter a multi-day show. It's a whole other thing to charge bicycles that same amount. Most guys entering cars only enter ONE car. Most guys entering bikes will enter MANY bikes. The cycle swap in Sac is another one. Harley guys can cover their swap space with one part being sold. Us bike guys gotta sell a lot of parts just to make the swap space price.

These promoters need to start making adjusted scale pricing for these drastically different groups. The Stockton show that Tony the hat helps run is a perfect example of something that works well. We get a lot of bikes there because it's affordable.

edit: I just realized something that my coworker told me. It wasn't until last week that they even contacted him to let him know that his bike was "accepted" into the show. How the heck can they say that it will be an extra $50 late fee a month ago when they hadn't even "accepted" bikes until a week before the show?

Hello guys I was there on friday with Domnick from Behind Bars inc and we got stoped by Terry Cox from College Cyclery he talked to us for about 20 minutes and he was not happy that alot of us didnt show up so I told him that its the cost $50 per bike "really" that is alot to enter a bicycle show but what ever im glad that some of you guys went and I guess I only have 2 things to say

1. Behind Bars inc. show will be in June

2. Sacramento Cyclefest will be in July

These shows are put on for us the bike builders with bicycle budgets and oh yeah I almost forgot Tonys show is in April in Stockton that is a real good indoor show

Looks like a great turnout diversity wise though? Restos,customs,choppers... As far as the $50 entry fee goes.. that is very steep but the fact that they gave 2 entry passes PER day kinda makes up for it. I'm sure it was like $15-18 to get in per person right? I was thinking of entering but having to drive from Modesto to Sac 2 days in a row is a drag and a lot of miles and gas. Maybe we need to all get together and have a meeting with the promoter and have a bicycle show promoter run it like Dominic,Ted,Tony, or Mike from Vbs? Those shows all work very well and are a huge success. Just food for thought gang. O btw, that green Basman and the black drag bike beside it are Johns I believe and they came out awesome!! He won that Basman frame at SF bike Expo!!! :wink:

i did not get to go simply because i am in mid move at the moment and all my free time is going to that. oh and sold the ranchero on sun so that day was botched. :( i feel bad that this show never has gotten off the ground it always seemed that people really liked the bikes and for those who enter it is cool to actually be a part of the show. as far as terry getting mad on one hand i dont blame him but other than those flyers he handed out at mike's swap i did not know it was going on i kept checking the shop's web site and saw nothing about it. Ted i hope he knows i was not the one who told others not to enter you know that i would not do that heck greg, you and me were talking about entering till we found out it was 50 bucks. i say cut that in half, give each person one pass per bike and i bet you would get more bikes. personally i think his advertising for the show sucked this year maybe i am just blind and did not see it. Vulture i am glad you went, john too. we have other shows to look forwards to like ted said and ohhhh.....dont forget!

2011 RAT BIKE RODEO!!!!! yes it will happen with new location.

it was a smaller turn out in both cars and bikes i used my bike for part of my display for my truck i always look forward to the autorama and was a bit sad to see such a small turn out not sure why or what politics were involved but we need to keep these shows goin!

its a long story there is another thread on here somewhere talking about it. dont sweat it too much hopefully something can get worked out for next year. oh and there are some big events coming cyclefest, behind the bars, and my club's event rat bike rodeo. also monthly rides, swaps ect... the nor cal scene is strong just careful thats all.

I would have went and took a hot rod and bikes but the fact is the $$$$$$$$$!!! Not to sound like a whiner but between the gas, miles, and entry fees, coming from Modesto, it's a wallet full of empty dough. They should be paying us a fee to enter our cars and bikes in their shows that they make LOTS of money on. I have $5k into my flathead motor alone in my 41 Ford Convertible and have yet to see the benefits from it. So ya, I hate the bigguys, or Goodguys style shows where they make money off of me for helping them out with the spectator attendance charging us $50 or more just to enter!! Then figure the fact of worrying about your car sitting there unattended for some kid to scratch it because the parents aren't watching their kids closely enough?? No fun. One of the shows I went to last year, i came back to my car to find somebody sitting in it???!!!!! So ya, i may sound a little crazy but when it's your pride and joy it's kind of like someone touching your girl.

well said slick i agree maybe a little but dang 50 for a bike is a lot. i know it costs money to do a show but asking that is a bit much especially when before it was an unused room

Yes this years attendance sucked. Friday night it was like a ghost town. In spite of the low bicycle turn-out there sure were some nice bikes, all of them. Every vendor was hurting. I'm sure everyone involved took a hit. I entered 4 bikes with 2 entries. One entry mine and one my girlfriend's. With the 4 show passes and 2 parking passes we were able to take friends and family all weekend. That was pretty cool. Karfer67 you were totally missed! Again this year we missed the awards ceremony. Doh! I was told we received something? Hopefully next year will be better for all of us. I hope to meet some of you at some of the shows this year.

Back