sachs hub?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this hub in a box at an auction that i went to it was in with a bunch of 3 speeds. Anyway it is a Sachs Torpedo Dreigang thats what the brake arm has on it, then the hub itself says Torpedo Dreigang 515 36n. It looks like it should have an indicator chain on it like a Sturmey, But i dont know never seen one before, anybody got some clues. Sorry no picture the batteries in the camera are not good.

Thanks cman. Do the Sachs hubs work pretty good? i have a Shamono sprocket that fits on it, so i think i might just go for getting the indicator chain and shifter and see what happens.
Thanks again, Mike

I've got one of those hubs on my Emory Super Deluxe. The chain looks just like a SA but smaller. It shifts as smooth or smoother than other 3 speeds. Coaster brake is good also. This is the 1975 version judging by the shifter. I've cleaned it up since I took this picture.

2dsjuiq.jpg

Joke acknowledged.

I didn't see a date on the hub. I went by the web page that showed the different style shifters from certain years. I also knew about when my Emory was made.

Latest posts

Back