Rusty Derby

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And I do mean Rusty!!! everything is siezed up. Just want the frame anyway. Any clue around what year it could be?

IMAG0095.jpg

IMAG0096.jpg

IMAG0098.jpg

IMAG0100.jpg

cool find! you don't see many Derby bikes... was that the Checker auto parts line or something? anyway , pretty sure Murray made them, or at least some of them.. :roll:

I wish I had an intelligent answer for you, but I don't. All I know about it is that it has potential, it was free, so the price was right. Should make itself a nice cruiser.

I think that's an Evans product (I believe that brand overtook the Colson name sometime after Evans wheel goods bought out the Colson bike division...) but I could be wrong on that.

Unchained said:
I think that's an Evans product (I believe that brand overtook the Colson name sometime after Evans wheel goods bought out the Colson bike division...) but I could be wrong on that.
I think he's right, I looked at a '57 Evans ad-same frame. Chainguard is aftermarket. Normally, Derby is a Snyder badge, but maybe was for a certain store? I also have a 1960 Evans brochure, and they're all cantilever frames, so definitely 55-59. -Adam

Back