RUSTROCKET DELUXE - the auction rat nr. 1

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
herr_rudolf said:
anon said:
When is that head badge going up for sale?

Good news!
The headbadge IS for sale.

But...

The bad thing is the price is $ 355,- (FOR NOW ...and well worth it though! imho)

The good thing is, there is an awesome bike attached to it!
:wink:

Yah. Great news. But shipping to me will prolly cost more than me flying there to pick it up. :lol: Nice bike oh yeah! I'm totally thinking of cloning. :mrgreen:

herr_rudolf said:
...what I've done is just decoration. :wink:

And you should be decorating as much of the world as possible... awesome work, man!

All y'all that built that bike, INsane! From the incredible initial sketches to the incredible head badge, this is one of the most impressive builds I've seen on this site.. it's a beautiful bike... if I had cash right now.... I wouldn't for long!

Awesome write up! Really gives the bike an "official" feel. That will make an awesome display item for when this bike gets shown off at rides and shows, wherever it ends up! I was surprised me when I saw my post made it onto the pages, I don't even think I've hit double digit posts on this forum yet, just asked the right question at the right time I guess (that fork really helps set the attitude of the bike!). I have an early 80's Monterey frame that I am even more stoked to build now, seeing this bike come together really helped fuel the fire for my build. Now, if only I could convince my wife to let me move my shop indoors until the weather warms up... :roll:

Brilliantly executed guys, this has been a blast to follow 8) and this has to be the most impressive and artfull documentation ever :shock: congrats to all who participated !

PS: Jeffrey, do you happen to have one of those T-shirts spare in Holland ? Mine didn't come through the mail, and allthough Steve refunded me (tx again and sorry for your trouble !), I still want one ofcourse...please let me know if and how and when. Tx in advance !

Ace said:
Brilliantly executed guys, this has been a blast to follow 8) and this has to be the most impressive and artfull documentation ever :shock: congrats to all who participated !

PS: Jeffrey, do you happen to have one of those T-shirts spare in Holland ? Mine didn't come through the mail, and allthough Steve refunded me (tx again and sorry for your trouble !), I still want one ofcourse...please let me know if and how and when. Tx in advance !

Thanks Ace!
I'm sorry to say to you that I've received my requested two shirts. (actually, I'm glad I have ofcourse...) I'm wearing one and the other is cut up and framed to act as a screenprint 'artwork' on exhibitions... :? So...
Let's hope Steve Ratrod does the right thing and order another run of the rustrocket shirts so you can succesfully order one from him.
(I kinda have a lack of trust in postal services nowadays. Loosing a t-shirt is one thing, but 1000 euro artworks is another... )

Ace said:
For perfectly understandable reasons Steve no longer sends outside the US of A...too many things got lost :(

That's a shame...
I'm not trusting postal services but on the other hand I must say, I've never had any problems sending or receiving stuff through the mail...
(knock-on-wood...)

hey guys i just seen this tread, and i luv that you guys put my name in it, but i am one that beieves in giving credit where it's due... and im not due any. i didnt get a chance to put in on the build... again thanks for the thought but i didnt do anything it get it!

edbuildsRATSinthe509 said:
hey guys i just seen this tread, and i luv that you guys put my name in it, but i am one that beieves in giving credit where it's due... and im not due any. i didnt get a chance to put in on the build... again thanks for the thought but i didnt do anything it get it!

hmzzzz....
I've checked and double checked. I've even doublenickle-checked! :wink:
You're right: Credit where credit's due.

So... WHO is the mystery pedal-donator..?
Definately want to set that straight!

---

Also...
I've noticed my photobucket exceeded it's bandwidth once again... :roll: I guess that's what you get when creating a popular thread. Gimmy a Bundy-THAAAANKS GUYS...

No seriously. I've uploaded these pics in my back-up photobucket so everyone can still see what the Auction Rat is all about.
:wink:

This is all just so cool on so many levels! 8)

Hammond Eggz said:
This is all just so cool on so many levels! 8)

+ 1 ;-)

Man...
Everytime I see that sureal final bid of $705.00 ...I get chills....
Congrats to Eugene. Hope he'll make lot's of pics when riding the heck out of it in Rio Rancho, New Mexico!
:shock: 8) :shock: 8) :shock:

scrumblero said:
you got some mad skills herr artist... that is just awesome!! :mrgreen:

Thanks man. Just wanted to contribute to something great. Without my knowledge the guys picked out a design I made before so I felt a strong connection to the project. I don't think I could bent a cool fork, or weld a legendary rack any time soon, but I can however collect all the pics and do a cool write up about that. So I just did.
This project has been too cool to pass.

---

And hopefully the next Auction project will be as fun as succesfull as the rustrocket deluxe.
We can still use more members with lots of inspiration, ideas, directions, and what not.
And ofcourse parts later on. Check out the 2nd Annual Auction Rat buildthread:

http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic. ... =a#p337208

Back